Scented secrets

The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, 1925:

Suiting the perfume to the personality by Martha Shaw
I can see how the individual perfume would be a very clever marketing idea. Once a woman identified with a sent you have a return customer forever.

Reactions: Paintman
I can see how the individual perfume would be a very clever marketing idea. Once a woman identified with a sent you have a return customer forever.
Yes and she was very expensive. She opened her business in 1917 and charged 91 bucks to have her make a bespoke perfume.

Most likely.But it would be a small boutique shop not a large company. I’m thinking somewhere like London or Dubai and probably Paris.

Reactions: Debi
I went to a place in Paris that would do custom base makeup and keep the formula on file . It was cool and an expensive chic boutique from the woman who used to work for Yves St Laurent

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Today I am wearing..
Bandit Robert Piguet for women

Bandit is the most daring in the whole line of perfumes like Caron Tabac Blond and Chanel Cuir de Russie, perfumes for an emancipated woman on the turn of the last century; for a woman who dares to smoke in the public. Bandit was made for the avantgarde Robert Piguet's collection, inspired by romantic sea voyages and pirates. Bandit is a classic "chypre" with dark animal notes and aggressive leather accord. Eau de toilette has the greatest sharpness. In the perfume version, leather and smoke notes are followed by clear notes of white flowers and vetiver.

(very old Hollywood)

Today I am wearing..

Bandit is the most daring in the whole line of perfumes like Caron Tabac Blond and Chanel Cuir de Russie, perfumes for an emancipated woman on the turn of the last century; for a woman who dares to smoke in the public. Bandit was made for the avantgarde Robert Piguet's collection, inspired by romantic sea voyages and pirates. Bandit is a classic "chypre" with dark animal notes and aggressive leather accord. Eau de toilette has the greatest sharpness. In the perfume version, leather and smoke notes are followed by clear notes of white flowers and vetiver.

(very old Hollywood)
romantic sea voyages and pirates with dark animal notes and an aggressive leather accord. That about covers it.
Actually ,I was known as an "aggressive leather accord" in my hell-raising years.

Today I am wearing..

(very old Hollywood)
Exactly the kind of scent I would expect a chain smoking cafeteria worker turned dominatrix to wear. ;)

Seriously J, if you’re wearing this, where did you get it from? And, did you sniff it on someone else before you bought it. It sounds really risky.