Scented secrets

My mom actually did that back in the 50's. There were "layers" of bath oil, talc, and perfume. The powder puff was always in action during the summer heat.
yes I remember those powder puffs

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
My mom actually did that back in the 50's. There were "layers" of bath oil, talc, and perfume. The powder puff was always in action during the summer heat.

How To Wear A Perfume​

Perfume and Eau de toilette will stay longer on your skin if you layer the scent. By layering we mean by using different products with your perfume so that it stays with you for a long time, about six hours. Besides, if you don’t like to wear perfume, you can try with perfumed body lotion,shower gel or perfumed soaps. For example:

• Start by using a perfumed shower gel or perfumed soap for your shower. If you prefer taking a bath, you can put a drop of your fragrance in your water.
  • Apply a perfumed body lotion on your body before getting dressed. If you do not like wearing body lotion all over your body, put it only on your pulse points where you will apply your perfume.
  • Then, apply your perfume or eau de toilette on your pulse points: the inner wrists, behind the ears, and lower neck. Avoid rubbing the perfume into your skin. Even though this is a common practice, doing so crushes the chemicals and alters the balance of the scent. Instead, spray a small amount of scent onto your skin and let it dry naturally.
Another tip to making your perfume last a long time is to spray your fragrance onto your hairbrush and running the fragranced brush through your hair. This is because the hair is more porous than the skin and absorbs the perfume quickly and effectively.

Finally, another way of making your mark with your perfume is to lightly spray it on your mattress as you make the bed - the fragrance will subtly remain on the sheets.

I have a bottle of this very high viscousity oil and a very strong earthy gardenia smell. Since bath oil holds the scent better than water as in eau de cologne , many vintage perfume enthusiasts buy the bath oil and use it as perfume. When you go back 50,60 and more years some perfumes marinate and some spoil.

Last edited:
Bubble and Geek Sunnydale Library Scented Soy Candle

Bubble and Geek Sunnydale Library Scented Soy Candle. The candle offers a scent of leather-bound books. Other notes include hot-brewed tea, rosewood, and a house plant. “May or may not open a portal to the hellmouth.”

The candles are made in small batches from the highest-quality fragrance oils and is sold in a metal 8 oz tin with lid. ⇢ Etsy