Scented secrets

Distinct perfume scents are sometimes noted at haunted locations. It is thought that the scent has become integrated with the entity who wore it in life as part of their personality, so some analogue detectable to living humans is present when the entity is in the area. We've never detected a perfume scent during an investigation, hoping to experience it one of these nights.

The only scent I've ever "picked up" during an investigation is when I stepped in dog poop once. Perfume would have been preferable.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Distinct perfume scents are sometimes noted at haunted locations. It is thought that the scent has become integrated with the entity who wore it in life as part of their personality, so some analogue detectable to living humans is present when the entity is in the area. We've never detected a perfume scent during an investigation, hoping to experience it one of these nights.

The only scent I've ever "picked up" during an investigation is when I stepped in dog poop once. Perfume would have been preferable.
A funny thing that you bring up sent associated with ghost or entities. I don’t claim to have any paranormal abilities but things do happen around me occasionally. One of those things is smelling scents that have no apparent origin. I always consider the occurrences visitations. Most often it is a floral sent and it happened just yesterday while I was clearing out a space that had been let to clutter for a while. I have no idea or judgement about it except the feeling that perhaps there’s someone watching from a dimension I cannot see.

Friends of mine who just retired in December lost their adult son in a work accident last year. His mother told me that she smells his brand of cologne at home at times, since his passing, even though he hasn't lived there in years. She wants us to try and make contact to see if it's him, after COVID restrictions get lifted. I'm hesitant, it's still too soon IMO and we can't make any promises.

My Gardenia Eau De Toilette arrived today. It's been so long since I enjoyed the scent of Gardenia. It has a very light, clean smell that isn't too overpowering. Here is a description from the Caswell-Massey catalog that sums it up:

The purity of new white blossoms. The fresh, delicate energy of emerging green leaves. The scent of gardenia uplifts you with the feeling of strolling through a garden in early spring. Gardenias have a long American tradition of enhancing the beauty of men and women. We think our version leans more feminine and is ideal for everyday wear.

I can't tolerate perfume the way that I used to, but I find this easy to wear.

"It is thought that the scent has become integrated with the entity who wore it in life as part of their personality"
That is very interesting....
I have heard that often people will smell very sweet flowers during an "encounter". I remember a friend of mine would always smell cigarette smoke when her deceased father (who was a big time smoker)was around.

My Gardenia Eau De Toilette arrived today. It's been so long since I enjoyed the scent of Gardenia. It has a very light, clean smell that isn't too overpowering. Here is a description from the Caswell-Massey catalog that sums it up:

The purity of new white blossoms. The fresh, delicate energy of emerging green leaves. The scent of gardenia uplifts you with the feeling of strolling through a garden in early spring. Gardenias have a long American tradition of enhancing the beauty of men and women. We think our version leans more feminine and is ideal for everyday wear.

I can't tolerate perfume the way that I used to, but I find this easy to wear.
Man do I love how people paint verbal pictures describing perfumes. Just lovely...Feels like that is an angelic-ish scent with a high vibration...

Friends of mine who just retired in December lost their adult son in a work accident last year. His mother told me that she smells his brand of cologne at home at times, since his passing, even though he hasn't lived there in years. She wants us to try and make contact to see if it's him, after COVID restrictions get lifted. I'm hesitant, it's still too soon IMO and we can't make any promises.
Well I would certainly bring a bottle of that boy's cologne with you!!

A funny thing that you bring up sent associated with ghost or entities. I don’t claim to have any paranormal abilities but things do happen around me occasionally. One of those things is smelling scents that have no apparent origin. I always consider the occurrences visitations. Most often it is a floral sent and it happened just yesterday while I was clearing out a space that had been let to clutter for a while. I have no idea or judgement about it except the feeling that perhaps there’s someone watching from a dimension I cannot see.
You are so much more in tune than I think you realize
;)

The story on Coco Chanel is a sorted one. The rumor of her Nazi connections was brushed under the rug.

“Operation Modellhut. In late 2014, French intelligence agencies declassified and released documents confirming Coco Chanel's role with Germany in World War II. Working as a spy, Chanel was directly involved in a plan for the Third Reich to take control of Madrid.”
WOWWW

Reactions: Lynne
I guess this is what happens after you put a drop on your wrist..
Lynne? Thoughts?
Next thing ya know you are riding nekkid on a horse ...at the beach

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne