scary future for the elderly( some elderly)

I had the misfortune of doing some time in a hospital for a neurological stroke . I was in for 7 days. Knocked out my left side again but still have the ability to speak. The first two days I noticed a big difference in care that i was getting compared to the other gentleman in the room. Dumb things like not answering the page or not emptying the bedpan,not changing out my iv bag before it was empty. I ask Tom , the guy who was in for a regular stroke, what the deal was because he was getting great care. I found out that the 2 nurses were what you would call SJW. He told me they were pissed off because my wife wore a Trump hat when they brought me up onto the floor. I could not believe it. I was getting less care because of politics.
Third night , i asked the floor nurse what these ladies jobs were and she told me.......big mistake. I went to the closet where they keep the saline bags and took a case and put it under the bed. I changed my own saline bags for the next 4 day by myself. The head nurse asked me on the 5th night if things had improved and i told her i was writing everything down and recording the conversations they were having with Tom. These nurses thought i was always asleep during the afternoon and they would complain to Tom about me and my wife. The best was when they described me as " another old white man who thinks his stuff don't stink". I know my stuff stinks and made sure everyday the bedpan was full for there enjoyment. Even to the point of having Exlax as my dessert every night.
Remember, this all started with my wife wearing a hat. I never talk politics or even spoke to these nurses. Just a hat. Imagine what happens to people that are really unconscious. I know most nurses are good and have a heart but this was really an eye opener.
I left the hospital after i turned in the recordings of them bashing me and handed them back a half box of saline bags and alerted them to the fact that on my computer chart both nurses signed off that they changed the bags. Hmm, falsifying records......... I visited Tom a month after I left. Seems they no longer work there. Rumor mill has it that they are going to lose their license.

Be afraid of the SJW. Fight them at every chance.
Sal, first, so sorry to hear you had this medical issue. Damn, guy. Next time have someone let us know and we'll send you prayers and get well presents!

I recently had my own visit in the hospital. I was warned to keep my mouth shut on anything political by an old friend who still works there. I will tell you that ANY NURSE THAT DOES THAT DOESN'T DESERVE THE NAME NURSE! Medical people, especially those giving direct care, need to remember the law of do no harm and that they are there for the human being who is suffering. What you describe is beyond despicable and I hope anyone who treated you that way, AND THE HOSPITAL ITSELF, suffers repercussions.

My friend told me that he has learned to shut his mouth and say nothing, even to the point of changing his shift to the night shift so he was more invisible. Now, I normally don't allow political talk here, but this one gets to stay. Politics should not influence treatment in medical care...ever. Don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on. There are just some places that need to be beyond the reach of that influence.

I had the misfortune of doing some time in a hospital for a neurological stroke . I was in for 7 days. Knocked out my left side again but still have the ability to speak. The first two days I noticed a big difference in care that i was getting compared to the other gentleman in the room. Dumb things like not answering the page or not emptying the bedpan,not changing out my iv bag before it was empty. I ask Tom , the guy who was in for a regular stroke, what the deal was because he was getting great care. I found out that the 2 nurses were what you would call SJW. He told me they were pissed off because my wife wore a Trump hat when they brought me up onto the floor. I could not believe it. I was getting less care because of politics.
Third night , i asked the floor nurse what these ladies jobs were and she told me.......big mistake. I went to the closet where they keep the saline bags and took a case and put it under the bed. I changed my own saline bags for the next 4 day by myself. The head nurse asked me on the 5th night if things had improved and i told her i was writing everything down and recording the conversations they were having with Tom. These nurses thought i was always asleep during the afternoon and they would complain to Tom about me and my wife. The best was when they described me as " another old white man who thinks his stuff don't stink". I know my stuff stinks and made sure everyday the bedpan was full for there enjoyment. Even to the point of having Exlax as my dessert every night.
Remember, this all started with my wife wearing a hat. I never talk politics or even spoke to these nurses. Just a hat. Imagine what happens to people that are really unconscious. I know most nurses are good and have a heart but this was really an eye opener.
I left the hospital after i turned in the recordings of them bashing me and handed them back a half box of saline bags and alerted them to the fact that on my computer chart both nurses signed off that they changed the bags. Hmm, falsifying records......... I visited Tom a month after I left. Seems they no longer work there. Rumor mill has it that they are going to lose their license.

Be afraid of the SJW. Fight them at every chance.
For your sake and everyone else’s I hope to God they face charges. That’s horrible treatment. Sorry you had to go through that.

Sal, first, so sorry to hear you had this medical issue. Damn, guy. Next time have someone let us know and we'll send you prayers and get well presents!

I recently had my own visit in the hospital. I was warned to keep my mouth shut on anything political by an old friend who still works there. I will tell you that ANY NURSE THAT DOES THAT DOESN'T DESERVE THE NAME NURSE! Medical people, especially those giving direct care, need to remember the law of do no harm and that they are there for the human being who is suffering. What you describe is beyond despicable and I hope anyone who treated you that way, AND THE HOSPITAL ITSELF, suffers repercussions.

My friend told me that he has learned to shut his mouth and say nothing, even to the point of changing his shift to the night shift so he was more invisible. Now, I normally don't allow political talk here, but this one gets to stay. Politics should not influence treatment in medical care...ever. Don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on. There are just some places that need to be beyond the reach of that influence.
So it’s general practice to keep shut about politics just to get decent healthcare?

Oh, that is horrible! I thought my recent experience in the hospital was bad, but yours topped mine big time! Briefly, I will explain.

About a year ago, I came down with a weird infection. My doctor sent me to the ER because my symptoms were puzzling. They did blood work, ran tests, put me on heavy duty antibiotics, and anti inflammatory drugs, and admitted me for observation. During the time that I spent in the ER until I was taken up to a room, I began to experience severe pain in all my joints. My arm swelled and it became difficult to walk as the pain increased. Because of the current attitude about opioids I was not given any pain medication. I needed assistance to go to the bathroom and at one point I wept from the intensity of the pain. That was bad enough, but then I woke around five am to hear a nurse discussing me, and criticizing me for "carrying on all over the place." I then heard another nurse say , "Hush - She's awake!"

I was shocked speechless that this woman presumed to speak about me that way, especially a nurse! I guess she figured that only certain patients with certain diagnoses were allowed to show their pain. It wasn't until I was discharged and all the lab work was interpreted, that it was discovered that the infection had activated a gene known as Rheumatoid Factor. This means that my joints were being attacked by my own immune system, thus the excruciating pain. It took me six months to heal, during which time I had to take Prednisone.

I wish I could have gotten that nurse into trouble, so Sal, I find the ending to your story very satisfying indeed!