SCANIA Hit! My Big Bump in the Night!; told by "Paul" from NOAA Weather Radio!

Hi Truth Seeker! Ok Yowie I am familiar with but Bunyip is very new!

I may search my old UM posts, if possible, to hopefully find out the name the Lady from Oz used in her hair raising stories.

But they were her harmless forest dwelling visitors and she'd given English names to each one!

The skeptics wore themselves out posting bla, bla, blas!:mad:

MK IV ∆= ⚾

Reactions: ozentity
Thanks Lynne! Two other links to Sound Cloud were below the Swedish log truck pic. Which "one" did you hear? Ian's C2C AM Live premiere hosting R. Gary Patterson on 1/26/06 or Ian guest hosting for Art Bell on a Sunday night 11/28/01?

I finally told the North Carolina log trucking experience during an on line only live radio show named Pop Oddesey Radio from Nashville, TN.

MK II ∆= ⚾
So was that actually you it happened to!!? I listened to the log story , I think the first link.

Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
So was that actually you it happened to!!? I listened to the log story , I think the first link.
Yes, it was me.

Ok Lynne, but don't stop there! ☺ If you saw that off road big Swedish rig passing through the lower Lower Penninsula from Ann Arbor and Battle Creek back to Coldwater in the nineties that was me!;bg2

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Yowie or Bunyip
ozenity,
Best I recall she had pet names for her backyard visitors that appeared at the woods edge.

It's been too long and I wish I remembered what she wrote like Yowie but Bunyip is new to read! :eyes: :cool:

MK IV ∆=⚾

Reactions: Debi
ozenity,
Best I recall she had pet names for her backyard visitors that appeared at the woods edge.

It's been too long and I wish I remembered what she wrote like Yowie but Bunyip is new to read! :eyes: :cool:

MK IV ∆=⚾
Bunyip is an aboriginal name for a mythical creature that hung around billabongs (dams). I'd imagine they may have been a scapegoat when someone got rid of someone. I think they were a different creature to Yowies but have heard both terms being used for the same thing.

Ga day ozenity! It seems you are the PNF Day Owl and I am the Night Owl! It is amazing the world wide range of Yowie / Bigfoot! I spent many late nights loading logs in the Midwest forests. By myself thank goodness! Lol

Do you see many SCANIA truckies driving that Swedish marvel in Oz?

Hauling big logs for 16 off road years. I was loaded up by a western Tennessee logger who was a veteran of the First Gulf War in Kuwait and Iraq.

He said he saw lots of other big name semi-trucks being broke down on the sandy roadsides but a SCANIA rig was never among them!

I loved hearing him say that fact just before heading way up North to a Michigan veneer wood mill!

Good seeing you guarding the hen house with me!

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Do you see many SCANIA truckies driving that Swedish marvel in Oz?
My son in law drives one, they have a scaffolding business that mainly puts up stages for big rock concerts touring Oz. He is right into mechanics and reckons they are good. Lucky bloke gets to see and meet all the good bands.

Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
I'm glad I ask you what I did ozenity. Our 1986 SCANIA 112M made us a fine veneer log$ and high grade log$ packer! 60% of our milling and shipping destinations pulled from the deep woods went overseas!

Go to Amazon to check out this 2014 book title 'It Was A Dark And Creepy Night' authored by Joshua P. Warren, assisted by Andrea Sarrcople! Pages 180 & 181 will let SCANIA Hit! keep crashing again and again throughout the ages to come my Oztralian newfound friend.

Catch you later crocodile!

Way up here in Indiana we say "later gator" but I know you lack that reptile on Oz.

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I ask you what I did ozenity. Our 1986 SCANIA 112M made us a fine veneer log$ and high grade log$ packer! 60% of our milling and shipping destinations pulled from the deep woods went overseas!

Go to Amazon to check out this 2014 book title 'It Was A Dark And Creepy Night' authored by Joshua P. Warren, assisted by Andrea Sarrcople! Pages 180 & 181 will let SCANIA Hit! keep crashing again and again throughout the ages to come my Oztralian newfound friend.

Catch you later crocodile!

Way up here in Indiana we say "later gator" but I know you lack that reptile on Oz.

MK IV ∆=⚾
JP Warren is an interesting guy. He is the circus master of selling the weird and wacky. Even knowing this I still love to hear him tell his stories. The famous wishing box has to be the height of his hocking skills. Still I guess it will act as an intention focus for many and perhaps works in that fashion. I like the guy but won’t be buying his snake oil with my hard earned money.

Reactions: Debi