SCANIA Hit! My Big Bump in the Night!; told by "Paul" from NOAA Weather Radio!

Malaria_Kidd IV

Reaction score
If this was my Guardian Angel as a ghostly spirit's afterlife intervention what do you think??

Or could this have been someone's Guardian Angel living in North Carolina?

Worldwide, truck drivers tell tall tales, and 95% of them are true. We take most with a grain of salt of which some may be transporting that too. I bought and still own a SCANIA for transporting high grade logs.

In 1989 I was loaded with Illinois white oak veneer logs headed to eastern Virginia a 760 mile trip. It was 4:00 am as I pulled into the first rest area out of Tennessee at the North Carolina line. There was one spot left on the end next to a grassy median. Cars on the right, and trucks on the left. I pulled straight in behind a parallel parked semi-trailer rig and set the brake on my Swedish truck. One of 600 imported to the USA, and the only one with an aluminum hood guard.

I ate some cakes with milk, and to my amazement I perked up quickly. I noticed a truck coming in with his lights on bright. It stopped to my left, behind me. I said on the CB radio, " I'm ready to leave now. You can have my spot."

He said nothing so I reversed moving 80,000 lbs 6-8 feet. I stopped like hitting a wall! I'd hit the front of a truck that was mostly blocking the car entrance. I didn't see it pull in behind me! I got a sick feeling as I jammed the brake. The damage was done and I had 1.5 million safe miles.

I got my flashlight and wondered if there was a long log hanging over a bit,... I couldn't remember. There was no overhang, AND there was NO DAMAGE to the truck I just slammed! I lit it up,....nothing,....the fan blades should have been in the radiator,...it shouldn't be running,....it was!

I rubbed my hand over the smooth white metal. I looked for anti-freeze under the motor, none anywhere! The Caterpillar motor had it's familiar sound. It was in perfect shape and I was stunned!

The driver was in the rest area building and never came out during my wide eyed investigation. I kept saying to myself, "What do I tell him? I've hit your truck but there's no damage?" To my left a truck left a space open, and I pulled left to park there.

It was breaking dawn as I looked in my driver side mirror at the new white cabover Freightliner sitting there running. I laid my head down over the wheel to rest,...to wait. It was gone when I woke up 15 minutes later! I think about this everyday and night!

Folks? Hit an aluminum soda can with a hammer. If you cannot dent it. That is what happened to me, wide awake and impossible to do! I paid thousands of dollars for insurance and would never have pulled a hit and run. Like I mentioned above. I stayed there until the truck left the visitor center.

Like my British friends have said. It was an angelic intervention delaying my trip, and avoiding an unknown danger in perfectly good driving weather. That is the only explanation I understand, but some have said it was a ghost driver's ghost truck. I did touch it and there was form to touch.

Simply weird and a hard to swallow true story. To this day I'm not sure why I stopped there. I was not that tired nor did I need to go in the visitor center. I never took anything to stay awake. That is illegal and I was tested randomly by Foley Laboratory Services Inc., a Connecticut company.

A link to listen to the brief speech from Paul is coming soon. And 5 minutes later here it is!

Click on the black label: "Listen in browser"

MK IV :baseball::rolleyes:

Are you guys and gals game to hear two more?

Last edited:
Australia! Wow news travels fast, eh? Thanks for the LIKE and quick reply ozenity! I must have been editing in more links and correcting things when you dropped in. Yes, all drivers of the spinning wheels, and that's billions of us, see strange things we can never forget nor explain to others let alone to ourselves!:eek:

Nice to met you from Down Under! :D

MK IV

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Australia! Wow news travels fast, eh? Thanks for the LIKE and quick reply ozenity! I must have been editing in more links and correcting things when you dropped in. Yes, all drivers of the spinning wheels, and that's billions of us, see strange things we can never forget nor explain to others let alone to ourselves!:eek:

Nice to met you from Down Under! :D

MK IV
I have a couple of mates who drive trucks, we have a place here in NSW called Pilliga Scrub that has left sleeping truckies lost for words. Who knows what's in the dense bushland there.

Must be right spooky way outback, eh? A lady from Oz posting real encounters with Oz's version of our Bigfoot in her back yard's forest on Unexplained Mysteries had the skeptics unraveled giving her a hard time. I always posted in the positive to her steady replies as just one of few who did.

She had another Down Under generated name for the hominid, bi-pedal, strange family who she made acquaintances with from time to time. But I can't remember the name at this time.;th

MK IV :baseball:

Last edited:
As for sceptics, a little scepticism is healthy, as opposed to debunkers. I have this to say about them; they were not there to witness any given event being related by a witness, yet they feel qualified to hold forth as if they were. It's probably borne from a deep seated fear of anything they can't wrap their little minds around, and they have nothing constructive to offer. If you didn't witness the subject in question, shut your pie-hole.

Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
As for sceptics, a little scepticism is healthy, as opposed to debunkers. I have this to say about them; they were not there to witness any given event being related by a witness, yet they feel qualified to hold forth as if they were. It's probably borne from a deep seated fear of anything they can't wrap their little minds around, and they have nothing constructive to offer. If you didn't witness the subject in question, shut your pie-hole.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whether we agree or disagree is up to the individual and does no harm to our own beliefs. Respect each others opinions and there is no problem and no need to fear another's ideas on a topic.

In my lifetime, there have been many things I've questioned...and learned things from other's opinions even when I questioned them. Only the closed minded don't want to hear other views. Those are the ones who live in fear, imo. And since we can't change them, I simply allow them their own views.

If this was my Guardian Angel as a ghostly spirit's intervention what do you think? Or could this have been someone's Guardian Angel living in North Carolina?

Worldwide, truck drivers tell tall tales, and 95% of them are true. We take most with a grain of salt of which some may be transporting that too. I bought and still own a SCANIA for transporting high grade logs.

In 1989 I was loaded with Illinois white oak veneer logs headed to eastern Virginia a 760 mile trip. It was 4:00 am as I pulled into the first rest area out of Tennessee at the North Carolina line. There was one spot left on the end next to a grassy median. Cars on the right, and trucks on the left. I pulled straight in behind a parallel parked semi-trailer rig and set the brake on my Swedish truck. One of 600 imported to the USA, and the only one with an aluminum hood guard.

I ate some cakes with milk, and to my amazement I perked up quickly. I noticed a truck coming in with his lights on bright. It stopped to my left, behind me. I said on the CB radio, " I'm ready to leave now. You can have my spot."

He said nothing so I reversed moving 80,000 lbs 6-8 feet. I stopped like hitting a wall! I'd hit the front of a truck that was mostly blocking the car entrance. I didn't see it pull in behind me! I got a sick feeling as I jammed the brake. The damage was done and I had 1.5 million safe miles.

I got my flashlight and wondered if there was a long log hanging over a bit,... I couldn't remember. There was no overhang, AND there was NO DAMAGE to the truck I just slammed! I lit it up,....nothing,....the fan blades should have been in the radiator,...it shouldn't be running,....it was!

I rubbed my hand over the smooth white metal. I looked for anti-freeze under the motor, none anywhere! The Caterpillar motor had it's familiar sound. It was in perfect shape and I was stunned!

The driver was in the rest area building and never came out during my wide eyed investigation. I kept saying to myself, "What do I tell him? I've hit your truck but there's no damage?" To my left a truck left a space open, and I pulled left to park there.

It was breaking dawn as I looked in my driver side mirror at the new white cabover Freightliner sitting there running. I laid my head down over the wheel to rest,...to wait. It was gone when I woke up 15 minutes later! I think about this everyday and night!

Folks? Hit an aluminum soda can with a hammer. If you cannot dent it. That is what happened to me, wide awake and impossible to do! I paid thousands of dollars for insurance and would never have pulled a hit and run. Like I mentioned above. I stayed there until the truck left the visitor center.

Like my British friends have said. It was an angelic intervention delaying my trip, and avoiding an unknown danger in perfectly good driving weather. That is the only explanation I understand, but some have said it was a ghost driver's ghost truck. I did touch it and there was form to touch.

Simply weird and a hard to swallow true story. To this day I'm not sure why I stopped there. I was not that tired nor did I need to go in the visitor center. I never took anything to stay awake. That is illegal and I was tested randomly by Foley Laboratory Services Inc., a Connecticut company.

A link to listen to the brief speech from Paul is coming soon. And 5 minutes later here it is!

MK IV :baseball::rolleyes:

Are you guys and gals game to hear two more?

I thought this was your story. I listened to the link. It’s one I wasn’t aware of. The show has poor audio but it sounds like a good one.

Thanks Lynne!

Two other links to Sound Cloud were below the Swedish log truck pic. Which "one" did you hear? Ian's C2C AM Live premiere hosting R. Gary Patterson on 1/26/06 or Ian guest hosting for Art Bell on a Sunday night 11/28/01?

I finally told the North Carolina log trucking experience during an on line only live radio show named Pop Oddesey Radio from Nashville, TN.

MK II ∆= ⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne