News SC cop charged with murder.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/...fter-video-shows-him-shooting-black-man-dead/

A white South Carolina police officer will be charged with murder over the shooting death of a black man who appeared to be fleeing from him, local authorities said on Tuesday.

My question is simply this: would this cop have been charged with anything if the person he killed wasn't black? How many other times have we seen people killed by police, under circumstances that were anything but acceptable, and everything went on business as usual? No charges, no reprimand. I believe race has everything to do with these charges, and I'm not saying there shouldn't be charges, only that I think we're seeing justice applied here based simply on the race of the people involved. I believe the video helps, but there have been other cases with video too. There was an unarmed white man killed by a black officer in Salt Lake City last November, and the media barely gave it a mention.

Bad cops should be fired, pure and simple. And when warranted, thrown in jail. But based on equal application of the rules, not based on whether or not the victim is black.

Reactions: Naked Apple
Bad cops should be fired, pure and simple. And when warranted, thrown in jail. But based on equal application of the rules, not based on whether or not the victim is black.
Agreed. I am tired of the race card always being pulled. There is plenty of black on white violence, but that is supposed to be accepted.

they emphasise the race card in an attempt to divide us as a people in order to control us easier

they emphasise the race card in an attempt to divide us as a people in order to control us easier
That's true. It's like the Dem or Rep thing. I think a lot of people are starting to wake up and realize that both parties are there for their own political and monetary gains. Nothing to do with serving the public.

Reactions: surge
blue state, red state, democrat, republican, black, white. Who cares, we're all the same, despite our differences. I have black friends, and can make racist jokes with them, and in turn they can joke about how I should be boning my cousins. I have a particular friend who is black, but loves pro wrestling, has a rebel flag up in his house, and listens to David Allen Coe. I constantly tell him they are gonna come and revoke his ghetto card. Race shouldn't be an issue if you don't let it.