Saturday 6-2-2018

Tia

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sold on the bigfoot theory but I'm going to share this and see what everyone thinks. Friday was the last day of school here for my daughter & granddaughter so my youngest son and I decided to launch summer break with a camping trip. My children all love to camp, hike etc and so we thought it would be fun & since my granddaughter has never been we thought it was time to take her out.
We pulled both girls out of school early so we could get to our destination early enough to get tents set up & the campfire burning so we wouldn't be doing everything in the dark (especially with a 9 month old). My DIL had mentioned the place bc she had camped here when she was a kid but hadn't been back in 20+ years. It wasn't quite like she remembered but that happens :)
The campground area sits about 100 yards off of the river and is surrounded by woods & hiking trails on the East, West, & South sides and the North side is solid woods with no trails. Everyone at our camp had gone to bed and I was sitting by the campfire enjoying being where I was (I'm very much an outdoor, nature person so there's really nowhere else I'm more content) And being so I'm very familiar with the sounds that go along with being in the wilderness.
Most of the campground was settled and quiet, there were a few campers out sitting around their fires and talking but otherwise all you heard was nature. Around 1 - 1:15 a.m. everything went deathly quiet then there was a sound like nothing I've ever heard before. Every dog in the campground went crazy, there was a large flock of geese (approximately 300 of them) settled on the river and they all crazy and started honking and flying off as if they were scared.
Those of us that had been sitting out were all looking around at each other asking the same question "What was that sound?" Some of these ppl are definitely not new to this campground because the have decks built where they park their campers, so they are regulars here. And even they were puzzled. And by now several other campers were coming out to see what was going on and what set everything off.
The dogs were still going crazy some of them barking and some almost cowering & whimpering like they were afraid of something that none of us were seeing. And it was all coming from the North side of the campgrounds (there aren't any campsites on that side either). We didn't hear anything else, but the sound was very distinct not something common like I've ever heard, it was almost like a cry or a pained sound but not one I could explain and definitely not human, or animal that I've ever heard.
I was really interested in what is was but not enough to venture over to that area alone to find out, and nobody else seemed to be going that way so better to leave my curiosity in check. (I'm not always that wise :p ) But around 2 a.m. things had settled back down, and around 3:30 ish I decided to tuck in for the night too.
The next day the girls wanted to go swimming, the beach is in a different location so we got in our cars and drove to the parking area. You park across the road walk down a path, go through a tunnel then walk down a long wooded path to get to the beach. Once we got there and I saw it I wouldn't let my daughter, the baby or myself get in it. It was completely full of seaweed and moss & I know that means leeches, so nope not happening.
My son, DIL & granddaughter went in and us 3 played in the sand, but I was on alert the whole time bc I felt like there was someone or something watching us from the woods. After awhile they all got out & decided it was to much trouble, they could hardly walk through it and swimming was out of the question even when they tried taking the floats out past the swimming area and into the boat area.
So we packed up & headed back up the wooded path, I was feeling really uneasy and kept telling them to keep going but by doing so I was falling behind bc I was carrying the baby, his life jacket, the float they blew up for him and a few other things. So I was trying to juggle all of it and still keep my composer and not drop anything while still trying to hurry & get out of those woods.
I need to add this so that everyone understands a little more about me. There is a lifelong running joke about me that although I was born with a lot of things, common sense wasn't one of them. Because I don't spook, it's not unusual for me to wander off alone into things or places where other people refuse to go even as a team or group, I've always been this way but my senses heighten when I feel like my children are in danger or threatened and that's what I was feeling, I needed to get the kids out of there.
Like I said I'm not sold on bigfoot, I'm not saying they don't exist or that they do but I know whatever was there that day wasn't paranormal I would have welcomed that with open arms, instead I just wanted to run. I've talked to a few ppl about this since it happened and they've all ask if there was any type of smell. I wish I could answer that but honestly the only thing we smelled the whole time was from the people camping across from us that brought 4 LARGE dogs and 2 yipping daush hounds all of which they never cleaned up after :(
But my cousin sent me a link of what is said to be BF sounds and most of them were not even close, but I did find one that was exactly what I heard that morning. You'll need to forward the video to 2:05 to the 1993 Puyallop, Wa that's the sound. I'm anxious to hear what ya'll think. Did I encounter something? Honestly as enquisitive as I am, I really don't think I'll ever go back again, and there's only 1 other place that I feel the same way about. (that's a story for another time)

I'm not 100% sold on the bigfoot theory but I'm going to share this and see what everyone thinks. Friday was the last day of school here for my daughter & granddaughter so my youngest son and I decided to launch summer break with a camping trip. My children all love to camp, hike etc and so we thought it would be fun & since my granddaughter has never been we thought it was time to take her out.
We pulled both girls out of school early so we could get to our destination early enough to get tents set up & the campfire burning so we wouldn't be doing everything in the dark (especially with a 9 month old). My DIL had mentioned the place bc she had camped here when she was a kid but hadn't been back in 20+ years. It wasn't quite like she remembered but that happens :)
The campground area sits about 100 yards off of the river and is surrounded by woods & hiking trails on the East, West, & South sides and the North side is solid woods with no trails. Everyone at our camp had gone to bed and I was sitting by the campfire enjoying being where I was (I'm very much an outdoor, nature person so there's really nowhere else I'm more content) And being so I'm very familiar with the sounds that go along with being in the wilderness.
Most of the campground was settled and quiet, there were a few campers out sitting around their fires and talking but otherwise all you heard was nature. Around 1 - 1:15 a.m. everything went deathly quiet then there was a sound like nothing I've ever heard before. Every dog in the campground went crazy, there was a large flock of geese (approximately 300 of them) settled on the river and they all crazy and started honking and flying off as if they were scared.
Those of us that had been sitting out were all looking around at each other asking the same question "What was that sound?" Some of these ppl are definitely not new to this campground because the have decks built where they park their campers, so they are regulars here. And even they were puzzled. And by now several other campers were coming out to see what was going on and what set everything off.
The dogs were still going crazy some of them barking and some almost cowering & whimpering like they were afraid of something that none of us were seeing. And it was all coming from the North side of the campgrounds (there aren't any campsites on that side either). We didn't hear anything else, but the sound was very distinct not something common like I've ever heard, it was almost like a cry or a pained sound but not one I could explain and definitely not human, or animal that I've ever heard.
I was really interested in what is was but not enough to venture over to that area alone to find out, and nobody else seemed to be going that way so better to leave my curiosity in check. (I'm not always that wise :p ) But around 2 a.m. things had settled back down, and around 3:30 ish I decided to tuck in for the night too.
The next day the girls wanted to go swimming, the beach is in a different location so we got in our cars and drove to the parking area. You park across the road walk down a path, go through a tunnel then walk down a long wooded path to get to the beach. Once we got there and I saw it I wouldn't let my daughter, the baby or myself get in it. It was completely full of seaweed and moss & I know that means leeches, so nope not happening.
My son, DIL & granddaughter went in and us 3 played in the sand, but I was on alert the whole time bc I felt like there was someone or something watching us from the woods. After awhile they all got out & decided it was to much trouble, they could hardly walk through it and swimming was out of the question even when they tried taking the floats out past the swimming area and into the boat area.
So we packed up & headed back up the wooded path, I was feeling really uneasy and kept telling them to keep going but by doing so I was falling behind bc I was carrying the baby, his life jacket, the float they blew up for him and a few other things. So I was trying to juggle all of it and still keep my composer and not drop anything while still trying to hurry & get out of those woods.
I need to add this so that everyone understands a little more about me. There is a lifelong running joke about me that although I was born with a lot of things, common sense wasn't one of them. Because I don't spook, it's not unusual for me to wander off alone into things or places where other people refuse to go even as a team or group, I've always been this way but my senses heighten when I feel like my children are in danger or threatened and that's what I was feeling, I needed to get the kids out of there.
Like I said I'm not sold on bigfoot, I'm not saying they don't exist or that they do but I know whatever was there that day wasn't paranormal I would have welcomed that with open arms, instead I just wanted to run. I've talked to a few ppl about this since it happened and they've all ask if there was any type of smell. I wish I could answer that but honestly the only thing we smelled the whole time was from the people camping across from us that brought 4 LARGE dogs and 2 yipping daush hounds all of which they never cleaned up after :(
But my cousin sent me a link of what is said to be BF sounds and most of them were not even close, but I did find one that was exactly what I heard that morning. You'll need to forward the video to 2:05 to the 1993 Puyallop, Wa that's the sound. I'm anxious to hear what ya'll think. Did I encounter something? Honestly as enquisitive as I am, I really don't think I'll ever go back again, and there's only 1 other place that I feel the same way about. (that's a story for another time)

Thanks for sharing your experience, Tia. I was reading and couldn't wait to read what happens next. The recording at your suggested timestamp sounds like reported Bigfoot sounds that I have listened to before. There is a lot of background sounds like the recording is amplified quite a bit, so it masks the BF chatter.

Reactions: Debi
Really wasn't any chatter when we heard it, more like a cry or something hurt or in pain. I'll try to find a better audio for it if I can, still it was really a unique sound. Definitely got everyone's attention :eyes:

Reactions: Charleh

Wow! You described all that extremely well!!!! Amazing

It was a really nice campground in a state park, beautiful area so it was easy to describe, I would gladly go back to that part but never back through the woods going to the beach, I was in full blown Momma Wolf mode :)going through there

Tia what state was this in ? Sure sounds like an encounter with a Bigfoot to me. Did you feel any vibrations go through you when you heard the call. There are reports of people being effected by their infrasound. It can have a stunning effect when directed at at their prey or a person.

I’m glad you got home safe.

Reactions: Tia
Tia what state was this in ? Sure sounds like an encounter with a Bigfoot to me. Did you feel any vibrations go through you when you heard the call. There are reports of people being effected by their infrasound. It can have a stunning effect when directed at at their prey or a person.

I’m glad you got home safe.

It was here in Iowa in Harden Co. at Pine Lake State Park, funny thing is the more I think about it the more I want to go back. (Without the kids) and look into it more bc I keep thinking about it & when we heard the sound I wasn't upset or scared, No I didn't feel anything unusual, & couldn't smell anything but dog waste from the campers across from us :(

I was more interested in the fact that whatever it was seemed like it was hurt or upset if that makes sense and I felt bad for it even though the animals around were all freaking out. I still sat out at the campfire alone and was content and didn't hesitate to lay down to sleep later on. I know this is the empath in me & yes sometimes that gets me in trouble.

BUT, when we were by the beach & walking back through the wooded area I was on high alert and definitely felt like the kids were in danger, however the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that what I felt in the beach area & what I felt when I heard the unknown sound in the campground had 2 distinct differences.

In the campground whatever was out there in the woods didn't bother me I wasn't threatened by it at all. But in the beach area I'm really thinking I was sensing Someone not Something, and that's what triggered my reaction. Whoever was in that area wasn't a good person and their intentions were not good, and so my Momma Wolf mode took over.

I'm not sure who to contact Idk if there's ever even been a BF or DM or ? report or sighting in Iowa but I'm going to find someone willing to go there with me so I can try to find an answer to what was in the woods by the campground that night & made that sound. So I guess for now this has no ending until I can figure it out. Or at least try??

EEED2F2F-F3D2-4014-8BFF-2904D339E912.png
47E228C1-50C2-4E64-8C7A-E3145AC5AA5D.png
It was here in Iowa in Harden Co. at Pine Lake State Park, funny thing is the more I think about it the more I want to go back. (Without the kids) and look into it more bc I keep thinking about it & when we heard the sound I wasn't upset or scared, No I didn't feel anything unusual, & couldn't smell anything but dog waste from the campers across from us :(

I was more interested in the fact that whatever it was seemed like it was hurt or upset if that makes sense and I felt bad for it even though the animals around were all freaking out. I still sat out at the campfire alone and was content and didn't hesitate to lay down to sleep later on. I know this is the empath in me & yes sometimes that gets me in trouble.

BUT, when we were by the beach & walking back through the wooded area I was on high alert and definitely felt like the kids were in danger, however the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that what I felt in the beach area & what I felt when I heard the unknown sound in the campground had 2 distinct differences.

In the campground whatever was out there in the woods didn't bother me I wasn't threatened by it at all. But in the beach area I'm really thinking I was sensing Someone not Something, and that's what triggered my reaction. Whoever was in that area wasn't a good person and their intentions were not good, and so my Momma Wolf mode took over.

I'm not sure who to contact Idk if there's ever even been a BF or DM or ? report or sighting in Iowa but I'm going to find someone willing to go there with me so I can try to find an answer to what was in the woods by the campground that night & made that sound. So I guess for now this has no ending until I can figure it out. Or at least try??
Here is a list of BF Sightings and locations in Iowa

Thank you Lynne, your a blessing. I would of had no idea where to find this. Now I just need to figure out how to get the info... Hardin Co. is on the list.

Reactions: Lynne