Sandwiches

Aye, I watch YouTube vids on MRE reviews and they look much better than I ever got. Every pack had Garibaldi biscuits known as flies graveyard as they were just thin biscuits with raisins

USAF cargo flight crew and pax could get a boxed meal called a "flight lunch" if the flight was over so long a period of time. They were okay, usually had a sandwich, apple, bag of chips, a hard boiled egg, some form of dessert like a candy bar, and a can of soft drink. I got one once with a chicken leg. I assume fighter/attack crews could get one as well, but I know on long missions they tended not to eat so they wouldn't have to defecate.

Reactions: TonyM
USAF cargo flight crew and pax could get a boxed meal called a "flight lunch" if the flight was over so long a period of time. They were okay, usually had a sandwich, apple, bag of chips, a hard boiled egg, some form of dessert like a candy bar, and a can of soft drink. I got one once with a chicken leg. I assume fighter/attack crews could get one as well, but I know on long missions they tended not to eat so they wouldn't have to defecate.

About what I got back in the 70's no heaters flameless or otherwise were allowed, flight pay was extra and very welcome though

Reactions: Duke
About what I got back in the 70's no heaters flameless or otherwise were allowed, flight pay was extra and very welcome though

In the words of that renowned 1990s sage, Bevis, "Money's cool."

Reactions: TonyM
In the words of that renowned 1990s sage, Bevis, "Money's cool."

Yep, C-130 sorties always involved overtime which meant I might actually eat for a full seven days that month, I know what starving is

Reactions: Duke