San Francisco is doo-doo capital of U.S

I'll say!

5848beed0a4f0ce5e3d4762369f8bafe.jpg

From " the streets of San Francisco" to the world biggest slip and slide.......that's just a sad state of progression.....lol.
California has some of the countries most stringent EPA laws on the books, you get fined 1000 dollars if you wash brick dust down the sewars , but this is uncontrolled....when will the lawmakers out there wake up.....

It's a three prong problem.
First, go back to funding for the mentally ill. There are thousands of homeless on the street who need to be in facilities where they can be monitored and the public can be assured that they are receiving their medication and are being cared for. (I live just across from Fairmont Psychiatric Facility, and they bring in the mentally ill from all over the county, hold them for 12 to 24 hours, and then, if they aren't a danger to themselves or others, release them without supervision. There's a guy down on the corner who preaches naked every day, rain or shine, and another who doesn't think his hand belongs to him and runs around stopping cars trying to get them to take his hand away. But they aren't dangerous to themselves or others, so just toss 'em out on the street!)
Second, the city needs to invest in making more public facilities available throughout San Francisco. It's a big tourist city- If the homeless people don't have clean safe places to poo, neither do our tourists! "Sorry, you have to hold it until you get back to your overpriced hotel room tonight, no matter how many shrimp cocktails you ate at lunch." European tourist cities are starting to put in lovely pop-up urinals that rise up out of the sidewalks when the bars close at night to keep people from peeing on the streets. I say more of that here!

Thirdly, we need to rein in the economic disparity of San Francisco. I know people who make high three-figure salaries but can't afford housing in the city. How is a low-income mentally ill person supposed to get off the streets? A developer made a huge deal a few years ago about putting in a high rise of clean low-income housing. By the time the project was done? 150 luxury condos, and 10 tiny efficiency apartments for low income. In the basement. There's also the current Air B&B problem, where people are inheriting their parents/grandparents rent-controlled properties and instead of putting them back on the market, or living in them themselves, they're using them as Air B&B properties. KRON4 news did a great expose on that a couple months ago.

There's also the addiction/opioid problem, but I think that's tied up in all of the above.