Russian Nuclear accident

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Ambulances covered in protective film transport Russians 'who suffered radiation poisoning' in blast | Daily Mail Online

Ambulances covered in protective film transport six Russians who suffered severe radiation poisoning in mystery explosion during 'test of new hypersonic missile'
  • Putin's top secret war missile 'may have exploded during tests' in Nyonoska
  • Radiation levels higher in city 18 miles from military accident, causing civil panic
  • Iodine tablets sold out at pharmacies after hospitals advised their consumption
  • Zircon hypersonic missile capable of hitting US target cities in five minutes
  • Reports claim six casualties had suffered from serious radiation doses
  • Footage shows people wearing protective clothing while transferring casualties

Suspicions are growing today that Russia has suffered another nuclear accident after ambulances covered in protective film were seen transporting six people with serious radiation poisoning in a mystery explosion at a military base.

Alarming footage also shows men in protective clothing loading casualties into the vehicles in the wake of a blast at the Nyonoksa weapons testing site in the sub-Arctic Arkhangelsk region yesterday.

Earlier the clothes of the victims and the medics who first treated them were destroyed, it was reported, before causalities were transferred for treatment at the Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Centre in Moscow.

Moscow has thrown a veil of secrecy over the explosion, which killed two and left six injured on Thursday.

Radiation levels are said to have temporarily soared 20 times above the normal level in Severodvinsk, a city 18 miles away, sparking 'panic' and 'hysteria' and a rush to buy iodine from pharmacies.

Today, reports surfaced in Russia claiming the spike in radiation may have been caused when one of Vladimir Putin's top secret Zircon hypersonic missiles exploded during tests.

interesting. when testing missiles they don't usually carry actual warheads, at least when testing the delivery systems.....this may/could have been an actual warhead, (nuke) test....or these missiles are possibly nuclear fueled..(would be a first)(sounds far fetched, but there have been "rumors").... will be interesting to see if anything else comes out about this.

Reactions: Duke and Debi
interesting. when testing missiles they don't usually carry actual warheads, at least when testing the delivery systems.....this may/could have been an actual warhead, (nuke) test....or these missiles are possibly nuclear fueled..(would be a first)(sounds far fetched, but there have been "rumors").... will be interesting to see if anything else comes out about this.

I was just getting ready to make a similar post. The USAF has a series of special WC-135 model aircraft (code name "Constant Phoenix") modified as a "nuclear sniffers" that can detect radiation. They were deployed to look for radiation around Norway a couple years ago after another rumored Russian accident, and to PACAF a year or so before that to gather data on NK nuke tests. If we see these a/c deployed as a result of this recent incident, we know it's being taken seriously.

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
We are of course forgetting the major spin that is put on anything by large governments, that can turn any accident into misinformation to their advantage.
As you say missile testing is always done with inert payloads until they are sure of the delivery systems. It would make more sense to fill the space with data recorders for speed, temperature etc.
The accident was still an accident, but was more likely to be during dismantling older missiles to retrofit into the newer faster prototypes.
There is a set sequence to arming these things for storage and handling safety, and it is entirely possible to set off the small explosive charge without it being a major megaton explosion. One downside of this is a small local explosion the size of a grenade, but would vaporise enough plutonium to render the entire facility a hazard enough to close it forever. They will probably just rescue anything useful, bury it then set up shop somewhere else.

I also don't think that it was a supersonic land missile - but more likely a ground to space missile - which is where the action is at now that trump mentioned a space force.
.... Just my feelings.

Gonna be a lot of thyroid damage I think
I think I saw another story about the last nuclear release being finally traced back to Russia recently as well. I'll have to go looking for that one.

Reactions: Paulm
I think I saw another story about the last nuclear release being finally traced back to Russia recently as well. I'll have to go looking for that one.
I think you are correct, the cloud Passing over Europe was traced back to russia, can't recall the full details though.