Run!

I’ve been chased by a lot of things but the most dangerous was my ram. He had a full rack and in the spring he was no joke lol. If hi saw his eyes roll , I was running lol.
Ram is no joke. Serious hurtin' there.

Reactions: Lynne
A hummingbird. I wanted this one to stop bullying the others and chasing them away from my feeder. So I stood there with a spray bottle of water, and sprayed him whenever he was being aggressive with the other birds. Finally he came after my head, and he was so much faster than me I didn't even have time to react before he buzzed me!

A hummingbird. I wanted this one to stop bullying the others and chasing them away from my feeder. So I stood there with a spray bottle of water, and sprayed him whenever he was being aggressive with the other birds. Finally he came after my head, and he was so much faster than me I didn't even have time to react before he buzzed me!
There's always one or two bully hummers at each feeder. Which is why I had 8 feeders out at one time! Problem was that just drew more hummers! They looked like a swarm!

The male hummers fight to be King of the feeder. I had one that sat in a tree and just watched and waited for another hummer to come into his territory. We called him Vlad. lol

There's always one or two bully hummers at each feeder. Which is why I had 8 feeders out at one time! Problem was that just drew more hummers! They looked like a swarm!

The male hummers fight to be King of the feeder. I had one that sat in a tree and just watched and waited for another hummer to come into his territory. We called him Vlad. lol
We have the rufous hummers here in Colorado. They are beautiful, bright orange and red, but they are the worst bullies of all!

In the military they teach you proper radio communication etiquette and jargon, however there are certain things that simply can't be put into those proper terms.

I was driving a HUMVEE through a desert in West Texas near Ft Bliss. A buddy of mine was following and called me on the radio and said something to the effect of "Vehicle 33 this is vehicle 31, please be advised that there is a 4 hooved, horned mammal attempting a hostile intercept on your vehicle. Over." I didn't quite get what he meant so I replied with "This is vehicle 33, Negative Copy. Say again, over." To which the guy basically just repeated what he said earlier.

Rather than trying to go back and forth while driving I simply said "I don't know what you're trying to say Dale, just spit it out." His reply was a very excited "Dude! There's something with big ol' horns chasing your truck! Look out yer window!!" So I turned and looked, about 10 feet behind and 15 feet over from my bumper was an oryx pacing along with my truck.

In case you don't know, an Oryx is kind of like an antelope or gazelle but with 3 foot long spear shaped horns. It's a beautiful, majestic creature; except when it's running right towards you then it's terrifying. Especially since my HUMVEE had canvas door that those horns could rip through like they weren't even there. I radioed back that I was going to increase speed. I don't know what an oryxs top speed is but I figured stepping on the gas until I got up to 50MPH couldn't hurt. I found out later that there had been a few guys in other units on base who were hospitalized when oryx attacked their convoys. So I consider myself pretty lucky that my buddy saw it before anything bad happened.

Oh, I would dearly love to have hummingbirds in the UK but, sadly, we don't. They seem very exotic!

Wasn't exactly chased, but once we were out walking on a nature trail. As we were heading back, I spotted a skunk trotting down the path. We stood perfectly still, waiting for it to pass, because something wasn't right about it. It seemed extremely focused on something, and showed no fear of anyone or anything.

As it passed, I looked up and saw various people just standing there, a guy standing next to his bike, a couple , and us. We were all afraid to do something to make the skunk angry.
This is another one we don't have. Have you ever smelled them and is it as awful as people say?

Was once chased by a small herd of cows and a rogue donkey.

I think the very worst is horse flies, though. They're awful and so persistent - they won't be batted away and just keep coming. They can pierce your clothing and you can actually feel it when they bite you. Then you get a nasty, itchy lump for several weeks. Horrible things! Have had a few of those bite me.