Run-ins with cops

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
Ever been arrested? Pulled over? I'm curious about your experiences.

As a kid close to where I lived had a huge park with 6 marked out soccer fields that were never used so we used to climb over the spiked fence to play there, cops would arrive and off we'd sprint to escape capture. I know now the cops wouldn't have done anything.

A few years ago I got stopped for speeding coming back from a band gig with an obvious load of equipment in the back of the car. I was totally lost and said so to the cops. They were more concerned that the car might be stolen so let me off and told me to follow them back to the motorway.

Busking in the centre of Glasgow two cops in plain clothes approach me and show their police ID cards, cuff me and drag me across the street with a crowd of onlookers gawking, I've still got a banjo hanging around my neck wondering what the. Turns out they were winding me up and had seen me playing with my band the previous weekend, we had a good laugh about it and remained friends for years :)

Nope. Never been arrested. I was detained illegally once by a retired cop. Not read my rights and was told his badge with RETIRED in big red letters still held some level of authority. I was potentially in deep trouble so I just took it and never spoke of it again.

A couple years ago the cops came to our house because the neighbours thought we were fighting. Like throwing blows and stuff. We were singing and screaming along to I Prevail songs. The music was still playing when they showed up so they left after questioning Ashleigh

Nope. Never been arrested. I was detained illegally once by a retired cop. Not read my rights and was told his badge with RETIRED in big red letters still held some level of authority. I was potentially in deep trouble so I just took it and never spoke of it again.

A couple years ago the cops came to our house because the neighbours thought we were fighting. Like throwing blows and stuff. We were singing and screaming along to I Prevail songs. The music was still playing when they showed up so they left after questioning Ashleigh
In the first story a friend of mine took a joke literally.

Reactions: Paintman
I was a member of the "Calhoun (Hall) Comets" streaking team in college in the mid 70s. The campus cops just laughed at us.
Duke! I woulda never guessed! Bravo!

Spent the night in jail for a ticket I’d gotten for dog off the leash at a city park that I’d forgotten all about & it went to bench warrant. I was just 18. My parents came to bail me out. My father was a prominent professor at the university & both parents very involved in the city charities & social scene. The wardens at the jail looked very sheepish like they had just had their butts chewed out hard. Lol.

Spent the night in jail for a ticket I’d gotten for dog off the leash at a city park that I’d forgotten all about & it went to bench warrant. I was just 18. My parents came to bail me out. My father was a prominent professor at the university & both parents very involved in the city charities & social scene. The wardens at the jail looked very sheepish like they had just had their butts chewed out hard. Lol.

A night in jail for a trivial ticket that was forgotten? That's harsh to say the least but glad it turned out well