Route 666

Sounds like its time for a road trip....who's game???

There is no Route 666. I think that's a typo. The article means the historic Route 66. It passes through Gallop. I've always wanted to drive across its full length. That and Route 50.

There is no Route 666. I think that's a typo. The article means the historic Route 66. It passes through Gallop. I've always wanted to drive across its full length. That and Route 50.
Oh yes there was, UT, and I've driven it. It is, as the article says, one of four sections of the Old Rt. 66. It went from about Shiprock to Utah. Because it caused so much fear, it has been renamed Highway 191 in New Mexico, and New 491/Old 666 in Utah. This redesignation happened in 2003. I drove it before then.

The name change did not change the reports that still come through from that section of road.

There is no Route 666. I think that's a typo. The article means the historic Route 66.
Looks pretty real to me. Yeah the article talks about historic Route 66, but the point of the article is to discuss why the route 666 name was changed.

t1.jpg

Reactions: Debi
Looks pretty real to me. Yeah the article talks about historic Route 66, but the point of the article is to discuss why the route 666 name was changed.
An original Route 666 sign would be a nice find. I'd like to have one.

I wonder if I've driven on that road. Back when traveling to from New York to California with others, we broke down somewhere in the desert but I don't know what road it was. I do remember driving through Gallup on the way back,though.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi