Roll Call!

Ever hear that "I've been everywhere man" song by Johnny Cash? I'm not quite there...yet.

I was born and raised in and around Los Angeles and Orange County in Southern California. Left home at 18 and moved to a small town outside Nashville Tennessee. It was quite a culture shock going from the Big City to a town so small it only had one traffic light. After that I joined the Army and got stationed in Missouri, Arizona, and Texas with a few tours down in Panama. After four years I became a civilian again, got married and lived in New Mexico while my wife was going to college. I'm currently living outside Denver Colorado though we've been talking about moving again but we're not sure where yet; Wyoming, Florida, or back to Texas are the most likely.

everywhere from the boonies to the big city. now i live in a small city with lots of strange things called bad drivers and hustle and bustle and the pizza sucks and I cant taste food anymore so im going Vegan even though i still like girls but right now im eating a Lunchable to cure my stomach ache vegetables dont really do anything do they? I want to live on a farm and just hang out in the pole barn and build things like an amphibious RV

Da Region. Northwest Indiana on the lake. Just outside of Chicago. They call it the Rust Belt but our Industries are still greased. In the span of 10 miles we make 40% of American steel.
But for me, I have always been a guy in flight . I try to avoid the problems of city congestion. So I live in a little house, on a little lake, in a little town,.......(this sounds like a John Mellencamp song). Semi rural.
The total upside is its proximity to Chicago. In 1 hours drive I'm sitting at Sox Park. There are 187 golf courses here. I looked it up.:) Like Debi said, it's unique. Da Region kind of looks like the United Nations. The neighborhoods and churches are divvied up by ethnicity. So the food is off the hook :cool:. A lot of my friends parents are from the old country, so we learn how to get along.
Fun fact,. The little lake that I live on is named after a lake in Sweden. :)

Born and raised in Sydney Australia, lived in a few places in NSW ,now bought a farm near Dubbo in western NSW.Have retired early See maybe 1 or 2 cars go past a week.Am self sufficient,love the solitude.Sounds like a few open people like the peace of the country life.I don't know how I ever survived a childhood in the city.

I just found this wee movie shot in my home town when I was 14. I left at 16 but back working there now and it hasn't changed that much. It was a grim place to grow up in being an industrial town on the banks of the river Clyde where some of the world's greatest ships were built. Some of the derelict buildings you can see at the beginning were bombed by the nazis during WWII and hadn't yet been demolished. We used to play in these buildings and the communal bomb shelters dotted everywhere in the town. Most of the pubs, shops and cafes gone now and well, not replaced with anything really. Anyway here's a wee taster of my childhood.

I just found this wee movie shot in my home town when I was 14. I left at 16 but back working there now and it hasn't changed that much. It was a grim place to grow up in being an industrial town on the banks of the river Clyde where some of the world's greatest ships were built. Some of the derelict buildings you can see at the beginning were bombed by the nazis during WWII and hadn't yet been demolished. We used to play in these buildings and the communal bomb shelters dotted everywhere in the town. Most of the pubs, shops and cafes gone now and well, not replaced with anything really. Anyway here's a wee taster of my childhood.

Thanks, Tony! I shall definitely watch this. How very, very interesting!

Reactions: TonyM
Thanks, Tony! I shall definitely watch this. How very, very interesting!

Do we all love our home towns? I did my best to get away and that's all I have to say about that perhaps that film might give a hint

Reactions: Debi