Roku removes YouTube TV

The good news is 1) its the Youtube TV subscription app and not the free YouTube app and 2) if you already a YouTube TV subscriber you may continue using it.

What's weird is that we subscribe to Roku TV and I never even knew they carried You Tube. Ignorance is bliss.

What's weird is that we subscribe to Roku TV and I never even knew they carried You Tube. Ignorance is bliss.
if you go to the roku site and sign in you can add pretty much any video app out there to your catalog. but they are pretty good at adding most sanctioned apps in their catalog from the video search function. what you cant find on tv you can add from their site though.

Oh, god, no, lol. I have too little time for TV as it is!

Just last weekend I deleted about 50 hours of recorded programs from the DVR because I will never have time to watch them. It's the same thing that happened when I got my first VCR. Boxes of tapes that I eventually just threw-out because it became apparent that they would never be watched.

If I'm still around in a few years, when I retire, THEN I'll dig deeply into what's available.

If it wasn't for my wife, I would have no subscription TV at all. Local broadcast channels only. Heck if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even be a paranormal investigator.

Last edited:
Oh, god, no, lol. I have too little time for TV as it is!
i found this this out when youtube nor tubi was auotomatically on my tv, when i went to add it on the roku site i learned you can add many many more apps but those two were all i was after at the time.
If it wasn't for my wife, I would have no subscription TV at all. Local broadcast channels only. Heck if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even be a paranormal investigator.
well, ya gotta have some kinda hobby, "all work and no play makes, blah blah blah" and all....lol... heck all i do is draw and play all day and i still get bored, lol

I'm just taking care of a disabled wife and still working in my 60s, not a lot of time for TV right now. When I do sit down to watch something, 9 times out of 10 I'm asleep in fifteen minutes anyway.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I think youtube is back up on Roku. I have it and it is there.

YouTube and YouTube TV are two different apps. The first is what we use for PNF movie night; the second is subscription TV and runs $64 if memory serves. Roku wants to remove the YouTube TV app from its platform.

YouTube and YouTube TV are two different apps. The first is what we use for PNF movie night; the second is subscription TV and runs $64 if memory serves. Roku wants to remove the YouTube TV app from its platform.
Ok I don’t know what’s what lol. I know that when I use the Roku I see a you tube icon to click on. I know I don’t pay for anything regarding YouTube.

Reactions: 7Critter