Rock or Disco?

download-18.jpg

Reactions: Donna K. and Lynne
I love stories like yours. And I loved the band as well.

I have made a fuss over the years of my extreme "dislike" of disco music. I'm a rocker to the end. Never liked the disco "look", the beat, or the dance moves, although I have to say the dance moves are difficult to do correctly so one does not look stupid...lol They are actually difficult to master.
I made up my own dance moves!

once i caught a night fever at the YMCA and had to go to the doctor to keep staying alive, the doctor told me i will survive if i do as he says and dont stop till i get enough...... oh sheesh make me stop now before i puke.............. ROCK ALL THE WAY FOR ME
I see what ya did there lol. Clever!

My taste in music is ridiculous. I don't even know where to start, lol...

My background is in classical music so I still hold that very dear... but Dad had a collection of LPs that ranged from Buddy Holly, The Beach Boys and Elvis Presley to Pink Floyd, Queen, Meatloaf and The Who...so I was a very confused child!

Also, being born in 1975 meant that most of my childhood was in the 80s with Michael Jackson, Adam Ant, Duran Duran and Erasure being the soundtrack to my school days. However, since I can't dance for toffee, the school disco always held a certain terror for me...

Dad's love of rock music rubbed off on me and that proved a gateway into a love of metal (of course the 80s also meant the rise of bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica and Judas Priest), so I'd definitely say I'm more rock and metal than disco...

As if that wasn't bad enough, a boyfriend of mine at music college introduced me to black metal and I discovered that I like bands like Bathory and Candlemas as well... :flushed:

I've recently discovered that I like Steeleye span and Rammstein - go figure! ;ss

My taste in music is ridiculous. I don't even know where to start, lol...

My background is in classical music so I still hold that very dear... but Dad had a collection of LPs that ranged from Buddy Holly, The Beach Boys and Elvis Presley to Pink Floyd, Queen, Meatloaf and The Who...so I was a very confused child!

Also, being born in 1975 meant that most of my childhood was in the 80s with Michael Jackson, Adam Ant, Duran Duran and Erasure being the soundtrack to my school days. However, since I can't dance for toffee, the school disco always held a certain terror for me...

Dad's love of rock music rubbed off on me and that proved a gateway into a love of metal (of course the 80s also meant the rise of bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica and Judas Priest), so I'd definitely say I'm more rock and metal than disco...

As if that wasn't bad enough, a boyfriend of mine at music college introduced me to black metal and I discovered that I like bands like Bathory and Candlemas as well... :flushed:

I've recently discovered that I like Steeleye span and Rammstein - go figure! ;ss
If you like the Span, you should try Strawbs and Fairport Convention. I'd bet your Dad if familiar with both of them. My two favorite Strawbs songs:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME, YOU MAY BE SURPRISED I'M ASKING THIS QUESTION!
GOING WAAAY OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE AND ALLOWING THE "D" WORD...DISCO.

View attachment 39795

WHICH WAS YOUR FAVORITE? AND YES, YOU MAY POST DISCO SONGS, PREFERABLY WITHOUT THE DISCO BALL, JOHN TRAVOLTA, AND THE WHITE SUITS WITH PLATFORM SHOES. ;vo
I prefer rock, but hey...a good song is a good song regardless of the genre