Ripples of Kindness

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THE LAST TWO YEARS HAVE BEEN ROUGH. REALLY BAD THINGS HAVE HAPPENED IN OUR WORLD AND MANY OF US ARE FEELING THE STRAIN AND PERHAPS SOME DEPRESSION.
THAT GOT ME TO THINKING: WHAT ACTS OF KINDNESS HAVE I SEEN, HEARD ABOUT, OR DONE?

SHARE AN ACT OF KINDNESS YOU'VE SEEN IN THE LAST TWO YEARS!
LET'S SHED A BIT OF LIGHT AROUND HERE!

Kindness has certainly been shown to my son by Lynne. She has sent him masks that have set his mind at ease. He's autistic and a bit fussy about where a mask is made, and he is ever so grateful for the supply she has sent for him.

I have a list of things members and staff have done for me over the last two years here. Lysol and wipes came when I couldn't find them, prayers have been sent up for their fellow members here whenever I've asked for them, and gift to lift my spirits when I was feeling low was quite the surprise recently.

My son also had an encounter today with our new O2 delivery man. Normally, they are rushed and rather abrupt, want to come in when he's not comfy with that and unwilling to exchange tanks in the doorway. Today, the new guy was overwhelmingly nice and offered to do the exchange any way that he felt comfortable doing it. The kindness this new driver showed so impressed my son he's asked me to call his boss and compliment him, which I shall do tomorrow.

It's the little things that are the big things right now!

I have lost count of the many acts of kindness shown to me here since becoming a member on PNF. Among them are the extra special prayers (yes, I can feel them!) when I was faced with illness and surgery, as well as for my husband. These gifts are often intangible, but mean far more to me than most.

One act of kindness that I can remember happened in 2020, shortly after moving into our new place. Mr. Garnet had found nice sofa on Craig's list, and we drove out to pick it up. The seller helped us load it on the truck, but when we got home we had to admit that it was too much for us to lift ourselves. A man was walking his dog, and he stopped to ask if we needed help. We accepted, and I had the pleasure of holding the leash so that this man could help Mr. Garnet carry the heavy sofa indoors. Of course that dog nearly pulled my arm out of the socket, straining to be near his person, but I will always remember that act of kindness.

I have lost count of the many acts of kindness shown to me here since becoming a member on PNF
I second that garnet. Not whining but have had a lot of cruel things done to me over the years but try to still laugh about it. Amazing how healing a bit of love and kindness is, it counteracts a hundred horrible actions in one blow. :smiley:

I have see a lot of kindness, too many to list. I think good rises up to meet evil. Good and bad acts send out energetic ripples. I try to remember this when given opportunities

I want to commend those here who have taken the time to be there for the elderly during the last two years. We call them "The Daisys". For all of you who have picked a Daisy to drive to an appt., to help with their homes and yards, or to assist them in any way, God sees what you're up to. You are all earth angels with wings. (And as a Daisy, I want to thank you! I have my own house elf, but I know many are out there in need.)

Our next door neighbor is roughly in our age group, but has a stooped posture that makes things difficult for her. Mr. Garnet automatically shovels her front and back walks whenever it snows, and I call her once a week just to chat, because she also suffers from extreme anxiety. I have to shield, though because her energy is "sticky." Empaths will know what I mean.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
My grandson is a huge fan of The Piano Guys and in 2019 they came to Albuquerque. I bought tickets for him, my daughter and me to go see them. The week before their concert my grandson's dad took his family, including my grandson to Hawaii. They were not back until Monday after the concert so he missed it.

In 2020 He had seen a video by Steve Nelson, the Cello player, that talked about how he was diagnosed with something similar to my grandson and how music helped him. My daughter wrote an email to them telling them how much that video and their music means to my grandson. They emailed back the same day and asked if she could get him to Las Vegas for their next to last show, they wanted him to be their VIP guest at that concert if she could get him there. This was on Tuesday and that concert was on Saturday. She called her boss and asked if she could take Friday and Monday off. The boss is always easy with that kind of thing. So they drove to Las Vegas and went to the concert, VIP tickets were waiting for them and they got to go to a pre-show rehearsal as well as the after show gathering. They were so kind and even changed one song for my grandson to play his favorite song. He wasn't the only VIP guest, there were 2 or 3 other children, but they were all treated like royalty.

Empaths will know what I mean.
Yeah, I know - NOT. I suppose there are benefits to not have that ability.

I started mowing my next door neighbors lawn, oh, 25 years ago. They were an elderly couple. Then I mowed the next neighbor who was partially disabled. Now, I mow 3 front lawns in addition to my own. It takes only a few extra minutes to do these and provides a means to exercise. Its a win - win - win for all of us. Each of my neighbors has returned favors for stuff I cannot easily do.

Last edited:
My grandson is a huge fan of The Piano Guys and in 2019 they came to Albuquerque. I bought tickets for him, my daughter and me to go see them. The week before their concert my grandson's dad took his family, including my grandson to Hawaii. They were not back until Monday after the concert so he missed it.

In 2020 He had seen a video by Steve Nelson, the Cello player, that talked about how he was diagnosed with something similar to my grandson and how music helped him. My daughter wrote an email to them telling them how much that video and their music means to my grandson. They emailed back the same day and asked if she could get him to Las Vegas for their next to last show, they wanted him to be their VIP guest at that concert if she could get him there. This was on Tuesday and that concert was on Saturday. She called her boss and asked if she could take Friday and Monday off. The boss is always easy with that kind of thing. So they drove to Las Vegas and went to the concert, VIP tickets were waiting for them and they got to go to a pre-show rehearsal as well as the after show gathering. They were so kind and even changed one song for my grandson to play his favorite song. He wasn't the only VIP guest, there were 2 or 3 other children, but they were all treated like royalty.
That’s so great

Reactions: JahaRa and Debi