RIP Beth Chapman (Dog the Bounty Hunter wife)

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
'Dog the Bounty Hunter' star Beth Chapman dead at 51

694940094001_5647605859001_5647576589001-vs.jpg

Beth Chapman, wife of Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman, died Wednesday. She was 51.

Duane, 66, announced her passing on Twitter, writing, "It’s 5:32 in Hawaii, this is the time she would wake up to go hike Koko Head mountain. Only today, she hiked the stairway to heaven. We all love you, Beth. See you on the other side."

In November 2017, Beth was diagnosed with stage 2 throat cancer. She underwent successful surgery, but doctors later told her the cancer had returned. She began chemotherapy in December 2018, but Duane told Us Weekly at the time that she wasn't necessarily cooperating with her doctors and wanted to explore alternative therapies.

"Beth will not take anything the doctors want to give her. Even the doctor told me he doesn't want her to have seizures if the pain is that bad, but she won't do it," he said. "She takes over-the-counter pain meds. She will not take anything prescription."

Beth wrote on Instagram in February that she was testing out CBD and THC-based therapies and alleged that chemotherapy was "poison."

Beth was placed in a medically-induced coma in Hawaii earlier this month. (June 2019). Sources told TMZ at the time that Beth was having trouble breathing due to her throat cancer and described the incident as a "choking emergency." Her family, including daughter Bonnie, reportedly traveled to Hawaii to be by her side.

On Monday, Duane posted a photo of Beth's hand in a hospital bed, noting her signature manicure was intact.

In January, Beth celebrated becoming a great-grandmother after her grandson, Dakota, welcomed his first child. She began chemotherapy the same month.

Beth hinted in May 2019 that she had stopped chemotherapy treatments for her throat cancer, telling People, "Chemotherapy is not my bag, people. Sorry, that’s not for me. So for me, this is the ultimate test of faith. This is my ultimate lesson. And it will either be taught to me or to you. And I am fine with taking the hit for everyone else. Because I think I know another guy who did the same thing."

Beth was definitely a force to be reckoned with.She was brave (or foolish)not to have chemo.I've often thought I wouldn't have it if I was sick,but I haven't been there yet.Very sad for Dog and kids to lose their mum so young.R.I.P Beth.

Reactions: Debi
That's so sad may she rest in peace