Retirement?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
For those of you looking forward to retirement, what are you looking forward to doing?

For those of you already retired, has it been what you thought it would be?
What's the best, and worst, things about it?

271811314_1342084962871498_689389284960757959_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
Retirement plans? Had grand schemes, but they went out the window 4 years ago. Now I tell myself it will happen when it happens. We'll see what I'm still capable of if I get there, and if I still give a hoot.

Retirement has not been at all what I was expecting. At first I had planned to travel, but had to retire from working early, due to a drastic change in my health. So it's just been a day to day existence, with trying to enjoy things when I can, but mostly sticking to my energy "envelope."

I'd kinda like to think that I would finally get to work on writing one of the several books I've been threatening to write the past 20-30 years. I've jotted down notes on multiple story lines but have never bothered to put more than a brief outline spanning a few pages. I keep telling myself that one day I'll have the free time to dust off my notes and expand those notes into full novels, but I had free time during lockdown and never actually did any work on these ideas.

I have retired poor but I like living the simple life. I figured might as well retire while I can still get around rather than having money but not enjoying it. Bit bored for a while but I've gotten over it, lol.

I have retired poor but I like living the simple life. I figured might as well retire while I can still get around rather than having money but not enjoying it. Bit bored for a while but I've gotten over it, lol.
great answer. i like the simple life too.

I'd kinda like to think that I would finally get to work on writing one of the several books I've been threatening to write the past 20-30 years. I've jotted down notes on multiple story lines but have never bothered to put more than a brief outline spanning a few pages. I keep telling myself that one day I'll have the free time to dust off my notes and expand those notes into full novels, but I had free time during lockdown and never actually did any work on these ideas.
Steve, you need to set a daily or weekly goal to work on it. If you don't you may never do it.