Restaurant Ghost?

Could have been a residual haunt. It would be interesting to find out if the staff had any stories about paranormal activity in the place.

Reactions: Lynne
I don't know, it has been since the early 80s my experience took place. Of course there is always the possibility others had some sightings also. This Luby's is at 944 SE Military Dr., San Antonio, Tx. Perhaps if enough interest was peaked in the staff they would be willing to tell some stories. Phone is (210) 924-7211.

Was he wearing modern day clothing or did he look more black and white than usual?
Also was the lighting odd or did you notice anything a bit odd with the light at the time?

Or he may have realised the queue looked too long and left within 6 seconds.

As far as I could tell and remember the man looked like a regular guy, there wasn't a lot of color to him. Between the first time I saw him and the second time I turned back in his direction was less than a minute. I asked the two ladies who came up behind ne if they had seen a man going out as they came in but they said no. There in the restaurant the lighting in the hall that went to the servers was regular, I didn't notice it being different around that man.

Last edited:
As far as I could tell and remember the man looked like a regular guy, there wasn't a lot of color to him. Between the first time I saw him and the second time I turned back in his direction was less than a minute. I asked the two ladies who came up behind ne if they had seen a man going out as they came in but they said no. There in the restaurant the lighting in the hall that went to the servers was regular, I didn't notice it being different around that man.
A interesting experience. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your experience.
In a couple I have seen the lighting was different which is why I asked. Others report that the clothing seemed odd. Both are useful to spot if it is a spirit at the time you see it, but often you only realise when they do something impossible - like vanish in a closed area.
The chances of seeing another spirit are higher once you have seen the first one, and knowing this will help you to be prepared for the next time.The odd expression on his face may have been a clue.

Thank you for your experience.
In a couple I have seen the lighting was different which is why I asked. Others report that the clothing seemed odd. Both are useful to spot if it is a spirit at the time you see it, but often you only realise when they do something impossible - like vanish in a closed area.
The chances of seeing another spirit are higher once you have seen the first one, and knowing this will help you to be prepared for the next time.The odd expression on his face may have been a clue.

I guess what surprised me most was how quickly he was gone, which is why I asked those ladies who came in if they had seen a man going back out the door as they came in, but they didn't.

I was thinking of a story a friend told me once, of a woman she saw in a garden near where she was living. She said the woman looked just as real as anyone else and that she had a very sweet smile on her face. I think my friend spoke to her, bt the next thing she knew the woman vanished right before her eyes.

I was thinking of a story a friend told me once, of a woman she saw in a garden near where she was living. She said the woman looked just as real as anyone else and that she had a very sweet smile on her face. I think my friend spoke to her, bt the next thing she knew the woman vanished right before her eyes.

I feel much better after reading this. I used to think women disappearing after I spoke to them was just me. Didn't realize there was a paranormal component involved.

I feel much better after reading this. I used to think women disappearing after I spoke to them was just me. Didn't realize there was a paranormal component involved.
Lol,you may overwhelm the ladies Duke with your good looks and charm.

As far as I could tell and remember the man looked like a regular guy, there wasn't a lot of color to him
When I've experiences something like you have,I see the figure/person but although they are present ,they aren't,if you know what I mean.