Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
With less than a week to the new year, I'm already hearing some of you making those New Year's resolutions again! So here we go!

Question #1: How did you do on LAST YEAR'S resolutions? Keep any of them?

Question #2: Are you making any this year or setting some new goals? You don't have to share what they are, but do you have a plan to KEEP them?

I have done a better job of keeping in touch with my siblings this year. The only visit has been for a funeral, but the phone conversations have been more frequent. I realize that most people these days stay in tough via Facebook, but my brothers aren't exactly FB types! Neither am I, for that matter, but I am a social network butterfly compared to those three!

I really haven't thought about resolutions for 2015. I suppose the main thing I can think of off the cuff is to do more recycling. Waste Management doesn't offer recycling service in our area, so if recycling is a priority you have to collect your plastics and such and take them to a collection center yourself. That's probably a twenty mile drive for me, so we didn't recycle as much this year as we should have. In 2015 I need to set aside one day for taking cans and plastic to the recycle center. The aluminum isn't so bad because it can be crushed into a more compact form, but the plastics take up a lot of space and there's no real way to shrink them. We try to buy fewer items packaged in plastic, but there's no real alternative for some things.

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
I didn't see it before I posted this morning, but check out Becki's thread in Open Lines of New Years resolutions and photos! Funny!!!

I did manage to accomplish one HUGE goal of mine this year...with a little help from a friend. (You know who you are...thank you again!)

This year I have several goals for myself and have a support group that I know I can reach out and simply say, "Help", and I know the support will be there. I think that's one of the things I've also learned this year. You don't have to go it alone. Yes, you must travel the path and do the work, but friends make all the difference on the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.