Open Lines reset.....

sal

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I was at my "happy place" tonight enjoying an adult beverage and a pack of Luckies.( i have a spot where I can watch them load the limestone trains at night.......it brings back memories of my grandfather) It happens to overlook the city of Round Rock,TX. As I sat there, I kept getting distracted by all the idiots trying to get in the mall before it closes. Horns honking,tires screeching....must have been a big sale. I kept watching the city as the sun set.All these people running around like roaches. I started to think of all the obnoxious sob's i had to deal with this week. All prim a donas that think they are owed the world,so full of themselves that it makes you feel ill just to be talking to them. If they even bother to talk to you because they are texting someone.....As I was sitting there , this song came on the radio ( warning, harsh language ahead)

I think it is time to hit the reset button. The world has changed so much in my 48 years but I am still the same person I was since I was 8. I just never realized I hated people so much until tonight. Not all of course but most. I am so glad I have not changed.

Reactions: surge
It sounds to me like you've had an epiphany moment, my friend. We all have them at one point or another in our lives. I've said before, I'm still the same me from 18....my core and spirit remain the who I have always been. It's in those moments of clarity we have that we renew our core beliefs and choose how we are going to interact with the world around us. There have been quite a few times I have chosen to be "an observer of the play, not a participant."

Hang on, Sal. It becomes clearer and more frightening with each year! At 62, I can look at what's happening and echo part of that song myself.....especially "learn to swim."

Reactions: sal
the-older-i-get-the-more-i-realize-how-much-i-hate-people.jpg

Reactions: sal