Rescued from bear attack!

Is the man a bad shot? How does one survive multiple attacks ? Bears usually win the first round. I can’t picture what actually happened here.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
I know we have a lot of dangerous fauna in Oz but I can't imagine camping in bear country.
depends on what type of bear. black bears arent too aggressive, ( i camp a lot in their areas.), while brown (grizzly) are more likely to attack. and are much much bigger. heres an interesting piece of trivia, twice as many people die from snake bite yearly than bear attacks and ten times more people die from bison attack yearly..... there are about 3 bear attacks resulting in death compared to 6 -10 snake bites versus 25-30 bison related deaths, yeah, those big cows are dangerous critters...lol

Reactions: ozentity
depends on what type of bear. black bears arent too aggressive, ( i camp a lot in their areas.), while brown (grizzly) are more likely to attack. and are much much bigger. heres an interesting piece of trivia, twice as many people die from snake bite yearly than bear attacks and ten times more people die from bison attack yearly..... there are about 3 bear attacks resulting in death compared to 6 -10 snake bites versus 25-30 bison related deaths, yeah, those big cows are dangerous critters...lol
I think it's them looking at you as a meal that scares me, as apposed to spooking a bison on treading on a snake. We don't have anything like them here apart from crocs and sharks but I don't live in the NT and given up on the beach so it will be death by snake bite probably, lol. I still don't know how you could sleep at night when you are camping without a pack of mastiffs chained around the tent and a machine gun, lol.

Reactions: Lynne