Replay!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What movies and TV shows have you watched over and over and over? And why do you do that?

x2kTXUu_d.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
H'm, lets see: Stargate, the original movie. At least five times. Why do I do that? i guess it's like a child who likes to hear the same bedtime story over and over, because the familiarity is comfortable or comforting.
Other movies or shows; currently watching the X-files over again, because I think the show was put together very well, and since I have forgotten a lot of plot points, I enjoy watching again. I watched the Firefly series at least three times and the movie Serenity twice.

All three Godfather movies, Patton, The Wild Geese, the classic Universal and Hammer Studios horror movies, Christmas Story, The Jerk, the three Abbott and Costello horror comedies, Monty Python and Mel Brooks movies.

TV - Sienfeld, Fraiser, Twilight Zone, original Star Trek,
To be continued...

Most of the better 1950s-60s sci-fi movies because I grew up in that period and was fascinated by them then. Especially movies about alien invaders and assorted monsters and giant bugs. The Thing, Black Lagoon series, Tarantula, Them!, Jules Verne stories, etc

I'm also a sucker for Sherlock Holmes.

Most of the better 1950s-60s sci-fi movies because I grew up in that period and was fascinated by them then. Especially movies about alien invaders and assorted monsters and giant bugs. The Thing, Black Lagoon series, Tarantula, Them!, Jules Verne stories, etc

I'm also a sucker for Sherlock Holmes.
That reminds me; The Curse of the Cat People, and Cat People, I Walked With A Zombie, Horror Hotel, all have been watched multiple times.

I watch a lot of repeats, both TV series and movies. With TV series, it's more about specific episodes, those I consider classics, than series themselves. A few favorites are:

Andy Griffith-- Any episode with Ernest T Bass.

The Odd Couple--"The Flying Felix" where Felix is trying to overcome his fear of flying/crashing.

Taxi--"Elaine's Strange Triangle" featuring one of funniest dance sequences ever.

STTOS--Any episode where Scotty is left in command and is ready to blow something or someone to Hell.

MST3K--"Beginning of the End", known to MISTIEs as the "Peter Graves Episode."

With movies, I tend to watch them in their entirety. Favorites are:

Being There
Love and Death
Blazing Saddles
The Longest Day
El Dorado/Rio Bravo
Snatch (Funniest movie ever)

Yes, it's nerdy but I know almost all the dialogue in those movies/TV series I watch repeatedly. This drives Mrs Duke up the wall.

Reactions: ozentity
With my favorite movies, I usually watch my favorite scenes (verses the whole movie), such as the scene in "For the Love of the Game" where catcher Gus (John C Reilly) goes out to the mound to talk to pitcher Billy Chapel (Kevin Cosner. He tells Billy that the team is behind him, just give us what you got, we're not going to screw it up for you.

I've been on a couple of championship teams and I can relate to that scene. It takes talent and team work and some luck to win it all, or in Billy Chapel's case, to pitch a perfect game. Even though you are sore and tired, you go that extra mile for your team mates.

I'm sorry. What was the question ? :)

I just watched an out take of Carol Burnett. I could watch the Tim Conway Siamese elephant story scene over and over. No one in the scene can keep a straight face. The scene is best remembered for Mama's comment at the end.