Remote viewing/Psychic Energy

My own knowledge of remote viewing is mostly limited to the interviews Art Bell did in the 1990's with the so-called "Major Ed Dames"; someone who my own psychic sense revealed to me as a self-promoting charlatan. Admittedly, these interviews also aroused in me some suspicion of Art himself as I could not believe Art was so naive as to take his claims seriously.
For those of us who have been here on PNF for a long time, Ed Dames is a bit of a joke to us. Dr. Doom, as he's called, is not held in high esteem even within the remote viewing circles from which he comes.

As to Art, Art always did the interviews as "I'll get out of the listeners way and let them decide." Actually, he and Ed had a huge falling out in the later years, as Art did challenge some of his claims at one point and Ed didn't appear on the show after that.

Whitley Streiber has admitted that even up to Art's death, as close friends as they were, Art NEVER told Whitley if he believed what Whitley said about his encounters. That's simply how Art worked his show....he was an entertainer as well as an interviewer.

As to Art, Art always did the interviews as "I'll get out of the listeners way and let them decide." Actually, he and Ed had a huge falling out in the later years, as Art did challenge some of his claims at one point and Ed didn't appear on the show after that.

Whitley Streiber has admitted that even up to Art's death, as close friends as they were, Art NEVER told Whitley if he believed what Whitley said about his encounters. That's simply how Art worked his show....he was an entertainer as well as an interviewer.
I kind of suspected as much. That's why I always gave Art a pass no matter who he had on his show. He had to walk that fine line between appearing objective while not alienating his audience or guests. Art was a salesman too. I still have my Sangean portable shortwave radio to show for it.

Reactions: Debi
On a pretty consistent basis Lynne, you surprise me with the quality of your posts mostly because you claim not to have any specific mystical abilities. You are an awesome smart analyst on these ideas regardless. You’re especially good at parsing the information for easy consumption. You’d be a great educator if you have the patience for it Lynne.
Awe thanks my friend.

You have stumbled upon my secret weapon here...lol Wands, I've told Lynne before that I believe she is one of those rare "catalyst" abilities....she is able to hone in on things that we who are ensconced in the middle of it cannot always see. She is a type of stimulus for the rest of us to look deeper and see things we often miss. This IS an ability and gift, imo.
I’ll take whatever super power I can claim :D

Thank you for your thought provoking perspective.

My own knowledge of remote viewing is mostly limited to the interviews Art Bell did in the 1990's with the so-called "Major Ed Dames"; someone who my own psychic sense revealed to me as a self-promoting charlatan. Admittedly, these interviews also aroused in me some suspicion of Art himself as I could not believe Art was so naive as to take his claims seriously. In fact, it occurred to me just now, and for the very first time, as I typed out his name how closely "Major Ed Dames" aligns phonetically with "Major Head Games"!

Coincidence? I'm not sure. But it does seem strangely consistent with my original psychic impressions.

In any case, that's really just my assessment of Major E.D. and it is not my intention here to mock or debunk remote viewing itself. Quite the contrary. Obviously, the US government took it seriously enough to devote considerable resources to the effort. And I remain extremely open minded about the subject. I also think that while this research may have been "publicly" terminated, that the US and other governments are still actively pursuing remote viewing research, just secretly and under different programs.

But to finally get to my point as it relates to your post...

My understanding of remote viewing has always been that it is a subset of psi abilities. Remote viewing is all about gaining knowledge about people, places and things through some form of extra-sensory perception. I'm not sure therefore how it differs from psi in this regard. So if what you are saying about everyone being able to learn this technique to some degree is true, then doesn't that go a long way to proving the authenticity of psi? I would think that would be a major scientific breakthrough. And while I cannot cite any concrete evidence, it would also give credence to my suspicions that official research is still ongoing. I can't see any other reason for why it would be.
The definition of psi abilities :
: a person who has strange mental powersand abilities (such as the ability to predict the future, to know what other people are thinking, or to receive messages from dead people) : a person who has psychic powers.
Here is the definition of Remote Viewing:
Google Image Result for https://awakeandaware.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/bdcvjhdbjb.jpg

Perhaps they are the same in many respects however the main difference is this ability can be taught.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Perhaps they are the same in many respects however the main difference is this ability can be taught.

Here is a book by one of the best remote viewers since Ingo Swan. Joe McMoneagle.
The Secrets of remote Viewing. You can find it on Amazon.

Have you learned remote viewing or at least the basics? I'd be interested in reading this book if it would give me a nudge in this direction.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman