Remote viewing/Psychic Energy

The one thing that surprised me about all of the texts I’d read was the lack of mention about any “feelings” which accompanied the psychic connections. This absence was strikingly missing because most (I’d estimate more than 70%) of the psychic messages I’ve received have included - or elicited in me - an emotional context.

Of course, the fact that the texts I’ve read about remote viewing lacked any overt mention of emotional context could also be purposeful. It’s not impossible that any recognized emotional aspects could have been excluded - or even redacted - in order to present a more clinical and sterile face to the studies.

If remote viewing research is an effort to bring psychic experiences into the lab in order to study them in a scientific way, then it would naturally follow that this would entail trying to understand the phenomena apart from any emotional or subjective factors. For if psi is authentic, then to be consistent with the scientific method, the experiences and processes that mediate them must exist in an objectively measurable way. So I am thinking that such omissions were not intentionally excluded or redacted. Perhaps instead emotions are one of the factors that these researchers attempt to eliminate in their experiments in order to control for their effects.

Also, I do understand what you mean when you describe the feelings that accompany a psychic message as being incongruous to how you were feeling when you received the message. But interestingly I have developed into quite the opposite of you when it comes to how I allow these emotions to affect what often appear to be psychic messages. But it is only because I have been wrong so many times as a result. That is to say the event that I thought I was receiving in conjunction with a strong and incongruous emotional content never turned out the way I would have expected. Of course, that may just indicate that I am not very psychic. But in any case, even though I still have these types of experiences, I usually just filter them out and go about my business. So if my experiences in these matters are consistent with the approach of the remote viewing researchers, then I can also understand why they would try to eliminate emotions because of the false positives that they seem to elicit. I hope all that made sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
I believe that may be because you are actually receiving in two modes....the clair mode and also as empath. It took me awhile to realize I was actually receiving in two different ways on incoming data, as I was also sometimes only getting something in one mode. But I've found that it can be both senses "reading" at once, not just one sense. (OK, did that just make sense to you? lol)

Yes it did and you’ve reminded me that the learning continues Debi. Certainly I recognize that I can see and hear at the same time. However, I’ve never given even the tiniest consideration to the idea that I might be receiving psychic inputs of two different kinds at once.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
If remote viewing research is an effort to bring psychic experiences into the lab in order to study them in a scientific way, then it would naturally follow that this would entail trying to understand the phenomena apart from any emotional or subjective factors. For if psi is authentic, then to be consistent with the scientific method, the experiences and processes that mediate them must exist in an objectively measurable way. So I am thinking that such omissions were not intentionally excluded or redacted. Perhaps instead emotions are one of the factors that these researchers attempt to eliminate in their experiments in order to control for their effects.

Also, I do understand what you mean when you describe the feelings that accompany a psychic message as being incongruous to how you were feeling when you received the message. But interestingly I have developed into quite the opposite of you when it comes to how I allow these emotions to affect what often appear to be psychic messages. But it is only because I have been wrong so many times as a result. That is to say the event that I thought I was receiving in conjunction with a strong and incongruous emotional content never turned out the way I would have expected. Of course, that may just indicate that I am not very psychic. But in any case, even though I still have these types of experiences, I usually just filter them out and go about my business. So if my experiences in these matters is consistent with the approach of the remote viewing researchers, then I can also understand why they would try to eliminate emotions because of the false positives that they seem to elicit. I hope all that made sense.

Really all of that musing UT made sense. I was especially struck by your position that scientists might purposely try to account for emotion in their studies.

To some degree I’m sorry to hear that your psychic perceptions might not seem very accurate. On the other hand, I am relieved for you that you might not have to deal with some of the confusions and pains which can come with some psychic messaging. I’ve ended up in the emergency room because of one powerful connection. Scary painful and needlessly expensive.

E
Debi, something else about emotions which I might have posted in the past - though not necessarily related to remote viewing - is sincerely hard to write in an intelligent way.

First, even though I can tell or distinguish the psychic message content as being “not related to me”, as in the message facts are from a third person, the related feelings almost always seem to feel genuinely my own. I can only recall maybe two times where the feelings I felt were clearly distinguishable as not being my own.

And in contradiction to that, most of the times/ways that I can recognize a psychic message is that the emotions which I feel with the message content are incongruous with how I was feeling at that moment in my non-psychic state. For example, if I receive some content and I suddenly feel acutely sad because of that content - but I was not already sad - then I earmark that content as being a “psychic message.”

Very hard to jive those two deep points above because the first indicates I feel the psychic feelings as if they are my own and in the second point I indicated that I compare the feelings to my real world state to make the decision that they are not my own but instead from a psychic message. No matter how contrary those points could sound, they are both completely true at the same time.
excellent description.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I have always looked at remote viewing as being different than psi abilities. Everyone can remote view to some degree with learning the technique. Not everyone has the psi gifts. Some may debate the last statement but in general most people can’t predict the future, move objects with their mind or read minds etc. I think we can see non physical locations by more than one route. One way is in our spirit form by an out of body experience. I think another way is psychically through the eyes of another being or time travel. Still another is the remote viewing technique where our consciousness somehow travels to an intended location. I’ve wondered how this is possible but theorize it may be our higher self that resides in another realm. Perhaps only part of our energy comes with us at birth and our main part remains with the creator.

I have always looked at remote viewing as being different than psi abilities. Everyone can remote view to some degree with learning the technique. Not everyone has the psi gifts. Some may debate the last statement but in general most people can’t predict the future, move objects with their mind or read minds etc. I think we can see non physical locations by more than one route. One way is in our spirit form by an out of body experience. I think another way is psychically through the eyes of another being or time travel. Still another is the remote viewing technique where our consciousness somehow travels to an intended location. I’ve wondered how this is possible but theorize it may be our higher self that resides in another realm. Perhaps only part of our energy comes with us at birth and our main part remains with the creator.

On a pretty consistent basis Lynne, you surprise me with the quality of your posts mostly because you claim not to have any specific mystical abilities. You are an awesome smart analyst on these ideas regardless. You’re especially good at parsing the information for easy consumption. You’d be a great educator if you have the patience for it Lynne.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I believe that may be because you are actually receiving in two modes....the clair mode and also as empath. It took me awhile to realize I was actually receiving in two different ways on incoming data, as I was also sometimes only getting something in one mode. But I've found that it can be both senses "reading" at once, not just one sense. (OK, did that just make sense to you? lol)

I’ve likely posted it before but I think it is relevant here; so I don’t mind posting it again for convenience. Through my hundreds of psychical occurrences - even more when you toss in the really mystical occurrences - I have been able to subset my experiences. The short diatribe that follows is intended only to represent and share what I have discovered about ME and is not intended to imply the same is true of others’ experiences.

1. My premonitions very, very, very rarely come with any emotions/feelings.
2. My concurrent psychic messages - ones received in real time from the message source - most typically do have an emotional aspect.

The two points above are in fact so consistent that it is how I decide if content I receive/perceive is about a current event or about a future event. On that delineation, I have only been wrong a small number of times. Two of those wrong guesses I’ve posted about on the PNF - both were instances of messages with strong emotional content yet both were premonitions (instead of, as I’d wrongly determined, concurrent events).

Last edited:
On a pretty consistent basis Lynne, you surprise me with the quality of your posts mostly because you claim not to have any specific mystical abilities. You are an awesome smart analyst on these ideas regardless. You’re especially good at parsing the information for easy consumption. You’d be a great educator if you have the patience for it Lynne.
You have stumbled upon my secret weapon here...lol Wands, I've told Lynne before that I believe she is one of those rare "catalyst" abilities....she is able to hone in on things that we who are ensconced in the middle of it cannot always see. She is a type of stimulus for the rest of us to look deeper and see things we often miss. This IS an ability and gift, imo.

You have stumbled upon my secret weapon here...lol Wands, I've told Lynne before that I believe she is one of those rare "catalyst" abilities....she is able to hone in on things that we who are ensconced in the middle of it cannot always see. She is a type of stimulus for the rest of us to look deeper and see things we often miss. This IS an ability and gift, imo.

I’m glad you wrote what I was thinking but did not write myself Debi. I was thinking that I am too often busy inside my own head ( and dread ) to do some of my own best analytical work. Hence it’s great to have Lynne doing even better, unfettered work on the outside.

Thank you for your thought provoking perspective.

My own knowledge of remote viewing is mostly limited to the interviews Art Bell did in the 1990's with the so-called "Major Ed Dames"; someone who my own psychic sense revealed to me as a self-promoting charlatan. Admittedly, these interviews also aroused in me some suspicion of Art himself as I could not believe Art was so naive as to take his claims seriously. In fact, it occurred to me just now, and for the very first time, as I typed out his name how closely "Major Ed Dames" aligns phonetically with "Major Head Games"!

Coincidence? I'm not sure. But it does seem strangely consistent with my original psychic impressions.

In any case, that's really just my assessment of Major E.D. and it is not my intention here to mock or debunk remote viewing itself. Quite the contrary. Obviously, the US government took it seriously enough to devote considerable resources to the effort. And I remain extremely open minded about the subject. I also think that while this research may have been "publicly" terminated, that the US and other governments are still actively pursuing remote viewing research, just secretly and under different programs.

But to finally get to my point as it relates to your post...

My understanding of remote viewing has always been that it is a subset of psi abilities. Remote viewing is all about gaining knowledge about people, places and things through some form of extra-sensory perception. I'm not sure therefore how it differs from psi in this regard. So if what you are saying about everyone being able to learn this technique to some degree is true, then doesn't that go a long way to proving the authenticity of psi? I would think that would be a major scientific breakthrough. And while I cannot cite any concrete evidence, it would also give credence to my suspicions that official research is still ongoing. I can't see any other reason for why it would be.

Last edited: