Remembering Art Bell

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Some of you may not know, this forum was originally founded to be an Art Bell forum, and for the time he was on the air, we were faithful "Night Riders" here. April 13 marks the two year anniversary of his passing.

Much controversy surrounded Art, before and after his death. But the bottom line was, he gave us a program we enjoyed just about every time he took to the airwaves.

What I'd like to do today is remember the fun stuff about the show....the stories you remember that are your favorites, the strange happenings that somehow always had us laughing (remember when he crazy glued his lips accidentally?), and the Art-centric habits of the man. (Turn off your device!) How about the bumpers? Which were your favorites? When did you first start to listen to him?

Tell me the stories you remember best as we remember the man behind the mic.

It’s been two years and I still feel a hole in my life from his passing. The same feeling I felt every time he quit. He may have lived a questionable personal life but he was our friend in the night. He kept us all company, entertained and opened our minds to the paranormal. I still get a lump in my throat when I hear the Chase.

Art was an entertainer as well as a show host/interviewer. He always shared silly stuff that kept us amused and feeling like part of his family. That was part of the magic of Art, especially in the early days of his career.

I remember one night we were painting a boiler room at the Boys & Girls Club in Gary, Indiana. As usual we had art on the radio and everybody seemed to enjoy the show.
But that building was pretty old and that boiler-room was scary at night. Like Freddy Krueger could jump out and get you at any minute.:eek:
Well Art and his guest were especially scary and creepy that night, and everybody was pretty jumpy.:p

I racked my brain trying to remember her name!
Had to call my brother and sing it.:)

Reactions: Debi