Remembering Art Bell

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Way back in 2013, this forum was born....all because of a man named Art Bell. He was coming back to Sirius radio after several years away from broadcasting, and the excitement for many was off the charts. For those of us who had listened to Art Bell for years on Coast to Coast AM, and some even back to the Dreamland days, this was a dream come true.

Although his stint as Dark Matter XM, and later as Midnight in the Desert, were both short, his legacy is long. This week marks the first anniversary of his passing, and we want to remember him because....there was just no one like Art behind the mic. No one.

What are your favorite memories of Art? Share your stories with us about those late nights with the man who made us shiver in the night, sit in our cars to hear him on the radio, and who made us ask some important questions about the paranormal.

artb-bell-dark-matter (Small).jpg

I can't remember how I came across C2C but I was hooked from the first, he got it right and I'd listened to many podcasts that turned out just to be pretenders. Now I didn't know these shows were reruns and enough said about that.

I remember the Jesuit priest who was a guest more than once talking about demonic possession and the guy supposedly flying a plane into Area 51 live, total BS. I will revisit and there's so much to listen to I missed.

I can't remember how I came across C2C but I was hooked from the first, he got it right and I'd listened to many podcasts that turned out just to be pretenders. Now I didn't know these shows were reruns and enough said about that.

I remember the Jesuit priest who was a guest more than once talking about demonic possession and the guy supposedly flying a plane into Area 51 live, total BS. I will revisit and there's so much to listen to I missed.
The next few weeks we plan on doing some of those old shows here in the evenings. Time to visit the master again.

Reactions: Paulm and TonyM
Good thread Debi. many of us ended up on what today we call the ParaNormal Forum because of Art and perhaps because it was our destiny.

Reactions: TonyM and Debi
Good thread Debi. many of us ended up on what today we call the ParaNormal Forum because of Art and perhaps because it was our destiny.
We've gone through a few name changes along the way, but he put this into motion. Bob Bain, the original founder of the place, knows I came here unable to even copy/paste anything. I'd never even been on a forum before, but Art drew me here. When I had the chance to buy it from Bob in 2015, I just knew it was meant to become something more. I think it has, but it all goes back to the man named Art.

Join us tonight at 10PM for a blast from the past.