Remember the 30%

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As the CDC changes it's recommendations on masks, please remember to be kind to the 30% of us who will have to continue to use them for our own health and safety, and those who are our caregivers who wear them to protect us as well.

My son has already been the target of someone who accused him of being a bad term I won't use here, and harassed him in a store. This is not the first time.

I also saw a comment on line the other day on a site I monitor. Paraphrased here, it read, "I work in Dollar General and whenever someone with a mask comes in I overcharge them by $5...take THAT you fools!"

Please, pass the message to others. We are being treated as acceptable losses in society. It breaks my heart to see the anger. I found the following article that explains what many of us in the 30% are feeling right now. This was written before the guidelines changed, and please note I don't expect everyone to keep wearing them. I would just like people to understand we are simply trying to stay alive by continuing to wear them ourselves.

Last edited:
I am sorry to realize this bullying behavior is occurring. I knew there were strong feelings about the vax but I didn’t realize it extended to mask wearing. Many people in my area still wear masks while shopping. I know i do and I’m fully vaccinated. I haven’t been mistreated or addressed about it yet. Maybe it will happen now? Many of us have elderly or health compromised family. It only makes sense to protect them.

It's sad that people are such idiots. I could describe them much harsher...but lol....I as of late do not wear a mask. If someone else is wearing one, that is up to them. My niece being sick is one that IS still wearing a mask in public. God save the creep that ever makes a comment about her in front of me and my family.

As the CDC changes it's recommendations on masks, please remember to be kind to the 30% of us who will have to continue to use them for our own health and safety, and those who are our caregivers who wear them to protect us as well.

My son has already been the target of someone who accused him of being a bad term I won't use here, and harassed him in a store. This is not the first time.

I also saw a comment on line the other day on a site I monitor. Paraphrased here, it read, "I work in Dollar General and whenever someone with a mask comes in I overcharge them by $5...take THAT you fools!"

Please, pass the message to others. We are being treated as acceptable losses in society. It breaks my heart to see the anger. I found the following article that explains what many of us in the 30% are feeling right now. This was written before the guidelines changed, and please note I don't expect everyone to keep wearing them. I would just like people to understand we are simply trying to stay alive by continuing to wear them ourselves.

I'm sorry you are experiencing that. In Albuquerque I have not seen anything like that. The governor only removed the mask mandate last week and a lot of people still wear masks. No one seems to care one way or the other. Restaraunts still require the staff wear masks and I think that is a good thing.

Please, pass the message to others. We are being treated as acceptable losses in society. It breaks my heart to see the anger

A truth as a truth can get. See, Lady, THIS is WHY you are the human connection and I am, well, anything else. lololol. It truly does break your heart, a thousand tiny wounds lie upon your Spirit because you Love your brothers and sisters and suffer for them more often then not. Me? I just want to kick their a*ses for being so so so arrogant and send them into a world of their own making (which is gonna happen anyway)... so those with better Spirits can live and they... forfeit.
I am sorry to realize this bullying behavior is occurring. I knew there were strong feelings about the vax but I didn’t realize it extended to mask wearing.
Here and elsewhere this started as "the mask" .... My Rights... No Masks! My Rights! ... the rest is after burn. Then you have the other side... which is just as hateful - screaming My Rights Masks! My Rights! All these hateful idiots completely and truly believe the mask was/is about THEM. I didn't wear the masks for me - I wear it for my neighbors. I have been in the same store and observed the non-masked bully the masksedvand the masked bully the masked ON THE SAME DAY. This was always about Spirit... and we ARE being observed in the Spirit World. And it aint lookin good.

I'm still wearing a mask when in public, which isn't often, lol. I don't think this virus is gone anywhere and it doesn't hurt to wear one anyway to be safer. I just can't see how one day your likely to catch something and safe as houses the next because a politician says so.

I'm still wearing a mask when in public, which isn't often, lol. I don't think this virus is gone anywhere and it doesn't hurt to wear one anyway to be safer. I just can't see how one day your likely to catch something and safe as houses the next because a politician says so.
It is never going to go away, like the flu virus we are stuck with it, but also like the flu virus we will have anti-bodies to lessen the effect of it for the most part. There are people who die of pnuemonia from the flu strain of the year and we will have people dying of what ever Covid strain is around that takes them down. It is now just part of life. Continue to wash your hands and practice good hygeine, that goes a long way. And wear your mask if you feel you need it. People as a whole are not cognizant of others around them and in the U.S. the culture is "take a pill and go to work no matter how bad you feel", which is probably the biggest reason we had some areas that were so bad in this pandemic.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
Yes! This. Here in the UK our government has declared victory and told everyone it's over at regular intervals since the start and it always ends in disaster. This one looks really bad though though as the infection level was really high and the hospitals were still choked with covid patients. As someone who has 'lived with it' far more than most after three infections each with some version of 'long covid' I can tell you without any hesitation that it stinks and I have no intention of 'living with it'. If the politicians and journos want to live with it, then good. I look forward to hearing them not give speeches because they can't sodding breathe and food columns where all the food tastes of nothing for six months. I would mention cognitive impairment, but don't think it would really apply here. You can't lose the knight from a checkers set.

It is never going to go away, like the flu virus we are stuck with it, but also like the flu virus we will have anti-bodies to lessen the effect of it for the most part. There are people who die of pnuemonia from the flu strain of the year and we will have people dying of what ever Covid strain is around that takes them down. It is now just part of life. Continue to wash your hands and practice good hygeine, that goes a long way. And wear your mask if you feel you need it. People as a whole are not cognizant of others around them and in the U.S. the culture is "take a pill and go to work no matter how bad you feel", which is probably the biggest reason we had some areas that were so bad in this pandemic.
It might not go away, but there's no reason why we have to have it at permanent epidemic levels either. It's not a two option thing. We should be going for having it around no higher than flu, rather than raging out of control all the time. Do things that we know will work, like making sure people get sick pay, making schools and workplaces safer and well ventilated, having masks and distancing when it gets bad to keep it from getting out of control, that sort of thing. It would be so easy!

It might not go away, but there's no reason why we have to have it at permanent epidemic levels either. It's not a two option thing. We should be going for having it around no higher than flu, rather than raging out of control all the time. Do things that we know will work, like making sure people get sick pay, making schools and workplaces safer and well ventilated, having masks and distancing when it gets bad to keep it from getting out of control, that sort of thing. It would be so easy!
Well..schools have always produced more 'sickness.' Alot of people in a usually confined place. It happens..everywhere. I have my own thoughts on Covid...i have worked every single day since this started and i am ok. There are those who don't have the immune system that others have. Yes, i understand that 110%. My niece (among alot of others) would be the one that doesn't. But in SOME aspects this 'pandemic' was blown abit too much. I agree with masks around those that fit into the category of being susceptible, yes. But, when they say people must wear masks in their own homes, it gets a tad dicey.