Remains of Medieval Soldier in Lake

Amazing story. To think his body has layed there for 400plus years and his boots are still there is more than wierd IMo. It reminds me of a time when I was hiking and very thirsty. I mean really thirst. I didnt have any halizone tabs and was tempted to drink from a really fast moving stream that was coming down from the side of the hill. I had a funny idea that i should go check the source of the stream so as to not kill myself from all the stuff on the ground that finds it way into the water. Good thing I did !! There was a dead racoon laying in the water!!! I have no idea how the poor little guy got there or what killed him but from then on i carried water tabs and surplus if i was going to be gone all day. Sorry for the gross story but that lake story reminded me of what can get into the water supply.

Reactions: Lynne
Amazing story. To think his body has layed there for 400plus years and his boots are still there is more than wierd IMo. It reminds me of a time when I was hiking and very thirsty. I mean really thirst. I didnt have any halizone tabs and was tempted to drink from a really fast moving stream that was coming down from the side of the hill. I had a funny idea that i should go check the source of the stream so as to not kill myself from all the stuff on the ground that finds it way into the water. Good thing I did !! There was a dead racoon laying in the water!!! I have no idea how the poor little guy got there or what killed him but from then on i carried water tabs and surplus if i was going to be gone all day. Sorry for the gross story but that lake story reminded me of what can get into the water supply.
Thank god you survived that excursion.

It always amazes me how things survive time. I wonder what that soldier is doing now.