Reincarnation/Past Lives

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Earlier this week we posted an article about reincarnation and how to calculate your number of past lives. So what are your thoughts on reincarnation? Do you have knowledge of any of your past lives?

As I have written previously in posts on the subject, I believe that reincarnation can, and does, happen - but not for everyone.

There is just too much documented evidence, and official research by well-established institutions that produces thought-provoking results, to put forward an argument against this phenomenon.............

I personally have no knowledge of a past life experience, but with most cases of recollection occurring at a very young age, I potentially would not at this stage in life anyway.

As I have written previously in posts on the subject, I believe that reincarnation can, and does, happen - but not for everyone.

There is just too much documented evidence, and official research by well-established institutions that produces thought-provoking results, to put forward an argument against this phenomenon.............

I personally have no knowledge of a past life experience, but with most cases of recollection occurring at a very young age, I potentially would not at this stage in life anyway.
I feel as you do on the topic. I don’t have any memories of past lives but I recognize there is some compelling evidence that some do. I am not convinced that it is actually their past lives they are remembering tho. I think it is equally possible they are just reading the energy of another consciousness.

I have had dreams that felt like past life memories, and had a reading from a psychic where she described some past lives. One intriguing thing that she told me was that my daughter and I had been friends in one life, and in another, we were brothers who died in a war. I do believe in past lives, but I don't think that they are linear, rather I feel that they are all being experienced at the same time, but in different realities.

I have had dreams that felt like past life memories, and had a reading from a psychic where she described some past lives. One intriguing thing that she told me was that my daughter and I had been friends in one life, and in another, we were brothers who died in a war. I do believe in past lives, but I don't think that they are linear, rather I feel that they are all being experienced at the same time, but in different realities.
I lean into this theory also. Time may not really exist as we perceive it. Funny to think we may be living all these lives at the same time.

I don't have any memories of past lives but some people come into my life and we both just know each other. They can be any age, a relative or not but we have an instant bond. I think if past lives are a real thing the same souls meet up again or as garnet says we are together in a different reality at the same time

Has anybody heard of prebirth memories?

Yes, although they are often heard about even less than NDEs and reincarnation. They are also, unfortunately, more 'questionable' from a scientific point of view than the others. Because of this, there has been very little study (in comparrison to NDEs and reincarnations) into claims of PBMs.

One name that stands out in the study of PBMs is the psychiatrist Stanislav Grof, who conducted research back in the '50s, but his work, and subsequent findings, received lots of criticism from fellow scientists.

For those not aware of PBE, it is the act of recalling past life memories (of an existence) shortly before your birth. These memories differ from a past-life memory in that, past-life recollections are memories of previous lives on earth, sometimes recently and sometimes of hundreds or even thousands of years ago. People who claim to have experienced PBE recollect an existence similar to that described by NDE recollections (i.e. being on another plane of existence, often meeting deceased relatives and beings of light, as well as describing a 'tunnel' of light as they come into the world).

Those who claim they have had this experience recall being in a spiritual world, are aware of life on earth, and can sometimes choose their next life or even communicate with their future parents. Some people, according to accounts, even get a glimpse, or a sense, of the pre-birth realm during an NDE. Most memories of PBE come from children who reveal their recollections spontaneously and without prompting.

Had to search around online, but this is an example of a PBE case. It is from a woman identified only as Lisa P in the article:

'I was putting three-year-old Johnny to bed when he asked for a bedtime story. For the past few weeks, I had been telling him of the adventures of his great-great-grandfather: a colonizer, a soldier, a community leader. As I started another story, Johnny stopped me and said, "No, tell me of Grandpa Robert." I was surprised. This was my grandpa. I had not told stories of him, and I could not imagine where he had heard his name. He had died before I had even married. "How do you know about Grandpa Robert?" I asked. "Well, Momma," he said with reverence, "he's the one who brought me to earth."'

As already stated, during PBE, it is claimed that a pre-born is capable of communicating with their parents. Again, had to search around for an example, but came across this documented case:

'Don and Terri met a little later in life but agreed that they didn't want to wait before having children. Terri became pregnant on their wedding night. An ultrasound taken several months later showed that without a doubt she was carrying twins.

The pregnancy was making Terri very ill, and Don was worried about her health. He feared that she might lose the babies, but he was also more frightened that he might lose her as well. One night, he woke up and looked toward the bedroom door. A light was shining in the hall, but he remembered that he and Terri had shut everything off before coming to bed. The light grew in brilliance as it came down the hall, then turned into their bedroom. Within the light was a young man wearing a white robe. He came and hovered next to the bed and looked at Don. 'Dad,' he said. 'My sister and I have talked it over and decided that she will come first. It'll be better for Mom this way. I'll come in about two years.'

Don turned to wake up Terri, but when he turned back, the figure and the light were gone. The next day, Terri miscarried one of the babies she was carrying. The other twin suffered no trauma and was born at full term, healthy, red hair - and a girl. Twenty-one months later, Terri gave birth to a second child - a boy with red hair, exactly like his older sister's
'

Is there a connection between all of these phenomenon - can one lead to another, or are they seperate 'entities'? Is there a connection between recollectors and religious beliefs (I have never seen any account that states the person's religion)? Are all of these instances collective 'evidence' of an existence after our passing from this earth?

And if so, where exactly is this 'plane of existence'?

Many people recall past lives quite easily. They just pretend to themselves that those memories are not valid.

Reactions: Black Cloud