Refusing to work on AI

.if ppl are sacrificing their careers then just what exactly are we developing here.
That right there...yes. Most people are very reluctant to leave a job to begin with. When you have a bunch of them at once, there is something very wrong going on.

Reactions: Paulm and Charleh
That right there...yes. Most people are very reluctant to leave a job to begin with. When you have a bunch of them at once, there is something very wrong going on.
Skynet. I’m sure whatever they were working on had more power than just surveillance technology. The US military already utilizes some form of AI for aerial surveillance. So it must be for some other sinister application.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Skynet. I’m sure whatever they were working on had more power than just surveillance technology. The US military already utilizes some form of AI for aerial surveillance. So it must be for some other sinister application.

Reactions: Paulm and Charleh
I don't believe this is for surveillance either....back in the 70's the sr-71 could read car tags from the edge of the atmosphere. that can be done now with satellite surveillance....phalanx systems can shoot down 100's of targets simultaneously without hitting friendlies...facial recognition can track the comings and goings of individuals......this I think goes way deeper than surveillance alone.

Reactions: Charleh
Just remember the one Google resently had to pull the plug on when it went evil and they didn't know why!
And facebook’s AI that developed its own language behind the developer’s backs!

I don't believe this is for surveillance either....back in the 70's the sr-71 could read car tags from the edge of the atmosphere. that can be done now with satellite surveillance....phalanx systems can shoot down 100's of targets simultaneously without hitting friendlies...facial recognition can track the comings and goings of individuals......this I think goes way deeper than surveillance alone.
And they stopped using it in ‘99. Likely because other companies created recon aircraft 10 times better than the blackbird.
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird - Wikipedia

Reactions: Paulm
Why am I unsurprised oh wait because I figured AI could be dangerous

Reactions: Lynne