red eyes?

AlteredBeast

Reaction score
Okay, so I don't know for sure if these are actually eyes. But you can't really miss them. But for those who do I've annotated/marked it. So a little background information:

There is no parking area or anything like that behind the cemetery so there's no way it could be light from a car. There was no person but me at that moment. I went inside the cemetery after taking the picture. When I was there I did hear footsteps behind me. The ground was full of these finely ground shells, and you can clearly hear people walking on them. There was noone there.

So much to my surprise when I saw those ' red things ' that look like eyes to me. I am not saying they are, but it is quite curious. I've shown the picture to a handful of people and all of them had a different reaction to it.

This is the original photo:

*deleted*

And here it is annotated:

*deleted*

Please let me know what you think, and if you feel something, please describe what you feel.

Thanks!

*edit*

'I'm convinced that this is not a paranormal picture. Truthfully, I feel sort of stupid for considering that it was paranormal. What is going on is that I can not remember the full details of that day anymore and it was probably a car or something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
We appear to be looking at the backs of the tombstones, so we can't see if red flowers/adornments have been placed in front of this tombstone or any others. It also appears the tombstones are not polished, which would limit, if not eliminate the possible of the two spots being a reflection.

Any idea the age of the tombstones in this particular section of the cemetery? Did you see the spots in person or only after looking at the photo? Did you take more than one photo of this tombstone, and if so, do the spots appear in all them?

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
After blowing that pic up, I see the red dots as between the stones and not on the stone. Not feeling anything from it at this point from a paranormal connection.

Reactions: Lynne and Duke
After blowing that pic up, I see the red dots as between the stones and not on the stone. Not feeling anything from it at this point from a paranormal connection.

What I was thinking, why I was wondering what was in front of the tombstone in question. Additionally photos, even from slightly different distance/angles, would block what is there or expose more of whatever it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
I would need more than the one view to make any kind of judgement on that. Doesn't mean Beast wasn't picking up some other energy there and sounds, but I would need much more on the red dots to state that was paranormal.

Reactions: Duke
Flowers ?
What does the sign say on the cemetery gate?

I would need more than the one view to make any kind of judgement on that. Doesn't mean Beast wasn't picking up some other energy there and sounds, but I would need much more on the red dots to state that was paranormal.

Wasn't meaning to imply he didn't hear/sense something, was just commenting on the photo he posted. I don't do "feelings." :blush:

I think the language on the sign is Dutch. If so, and those are war/veterans' graves, those could be the Dutch equivalent of poppies honoring war dead. Dutch Memorial Day is in May, will be interesting to know when the photo was taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Wasn't meaning to imply he didn't hear/sense something, was just commenting on the photo he posted. I don't do "feelings." :blush:
LOL Wasn't inferring ya were inferring, hon. I just want Beast to know that even if we would rule out those "eyes" as paranormal, it doesn't mean what he felt wasn't there. Often times you have to look at each thing as an individual thing and not as a whole so I was simply pointing that out to Beast.

Reactions: Duke
Wow, a lot of responses in such a short amount of time!

Allow me to ellaborate on this picture some more: this picture was taken in the year 2004 if i'm not mistaken. I moved from this town in the year 2007. This is the only picture I have right now, the other pictures are somewhere else or lost. That does make it hard to figure out what this .

We appear to be looking at the backs of the tombstones, so we can't see if red flowers/adornments have been placed in front of this tombstone or any others. It also appears the tombstones are not polished, which would limit, if not eliminate the possible of the two spots being a reflection.

Any idea the age of the tombstones in this particular section of the cemetery? Did you see the spots in person or only after looking at the photo? Did you take more than one photo of this tombstone, and if so, do the spots appear in all them?

Indeed, it is hard to see if they are flowers/adornments. But I can assure you that there weren't any. I don't expect you to take my word on it but its the truth. They are indeed not polished, so as far as I know they couldn't be reflections.

And i did take more then one photo, but I lost those. I only had this photo because it was in my google drive. I can't remember doing that but yesterday I stumbled upon this picture so I felt I had to post it here. The spots did not appear in front of the tombstone. I know I checked. Afterwards I also checked if the spots could come form behind the trees/foliagebut they did not.

I don't feel anything either at this moment. The funny thing is that I posted this pictures years ago on another forum and some people suggested it was a glitch in the digital camera. Others felt uneasy. I guess the imagination can run wild whenever sometimes..

The thing is, after taking this picture I started to see weird apparitions at home. Even my mom, who doesn't believe in such things started to see things that she could not explain. I started to get visions of a angry person.. sounds strange, I know.

I can understand that and I totally agree with you. Its just too bad that I live far away from the place and can't make new pictures in the near future. The dots could be simply a glitch on the digital camera.

I think the language on the sign is Dutch. If so, and those are war/veterans' graves, those could be the Dutch equivalent of poppies honoring war dead. Dutch Memorial Day is in May, will be interesting to know when the photo was taken.

Good for you, I would also not just go by 'feelings' and want to have facts. The picture was taken in 2004 but I don't know which month.

Flowers ?
What does the sign say on the cemetery gate?

It says "Gedenk Te Sterven" which is (old) dutch for "Remember the Dead".

It kinda falls in line with color, brightness, size and height of a tail light. How sure are you that there wasn’t a groundskeeper back there tidying things up? Is that a graveyard where people can come and go as they wish or are there designated times?

Right below it looks similar to those old school chevy type bumpers they used to put on trucks back when they made cars and trucks out of real metal.