red eyes?

I've never been to the Netherlands, but have been to much of the rest of Western Europe, and I don't ever remember seeing an American made hearse. Not sure where or by who those I saw were made, but they seemed smaller than their US counterparts. I do recall seeing a Japanese SUV (Nissan?) converted into a hearse in either the UK or Ireland, but that was at least fifteen years ago.

I do think the tail light idea is viable, however, and one that I didn't consider. I wonder if there was a road/car park on the other side of the trees/shrubs in the background? If so, it's possible the photo could have caught them between the foliage.

Are hearses not the same over there? I figured there would be some slight variation to them like a police car but I figured for the most part they would look about the same. Must be my ‘Murica showin’. ;)

Oh hey, if you load that photo into an image editor like photoshop and zoom it in you can tell the distance of the red lights from behind the gravestone and in front of the tree line. Right underneath the bumper you can see the dirt that matches the same color as the road you can see clearly in the front by the gate. Look at the positioning of the headstones back there in relation to the treeline.

I am fascinated by the whole notion that it could be a tail light of a car - which in itself, could be a possibility.

There are no cars in the cemetery however, and i suspect they haven't been there because of reasons stated before, and the foliage in the background is dense enough to block any tail light, or any light for that matter, especially during day light. Behind the foliage is a piece of land where cars don't come.

Good point Duke. There may be something behind that tree line. I bet a Google Maps Sky image of that Cemetery could rule that in or out.
AlteredBeast, we really like mysteries around here! Thank you for starting this topic:).

Well, I went to google maps and made a few pictures. Out of privacy reasons I won't post where they came from..., I hope you can understand and respect this decision.

*deleted*

So this is from streetview. No, this is not my car ! ;)

The red circle is where I was standing, and the arrow the direction where I pointed the camera at.

Here's some more pictures from the top:

*deleted*

And annotated:

*deleted*

My poor attempt at drawing. The double lines try to point out that this is the foliage. The circle is where I was standing.

I assure you that there was no car when I took that picture. That day I went within the cemetery and took some more pictures. Unfortunately I lost those because I realize those are important. But I hope this provides more clarity.

And i'm glad you like this topic!

Hi and welcome to the forum. It doesn’t look like eyes to me. Not to say it’s not paranormal though. I don’t think we have enough info to make a determination but that doesn’t dismiss the possibility. There may be more than one thing going on here. Just the thought that it might be eyes could have made you open minded enough to notice the activity at home. Another possibility is that something followed you home. Do you still have things happening from this or was it temporary?

Hmmm, its true that because I gave into the possibility of it being eyes that I opened myself up. Well when I walked to the place I always got this weird sensation of something looking at me. Following me. And I even got visions of something/someone being angry at me. It didn't feel good. This went on until i decided NOT to do anything with the paranormal anymore. It took a while before the sensations and sightings disappeared. I guess I just went on with my life and ignored any notion of activity.

What Lynne said. I've noticed that sometimes there are Harbinger events prior to more paranormal activity.
That does fit with what you explained happened to you and your Mom at your home.
Here is an example of a Harbinger event. Sometimes I have precognition dreams about what will happen during the next day. These are usually minor things but when they start to add up in my waking life - then it is time to pay close attention to my surroundings.

Harbinger events? I never heard of those.I do know some stories from my family members (my grandmother and her son) that had premonitions of things that would happen and then eventually came true. But nothing like what you describe. Hmm, I guess I have to look that one up. Or perhaps you have material on this subject I could read into? (or I could google it myself:))

I enjoy reading all of your comments, at first I felt kind of anxious because I was afraid I would get some harsh comments, but you have all been very respectful.

Last edited:
By George you just may have done it.

I swear to my mother's dead parrot (I think swearing to God is not a nice thing to do..., sorry) that there was no car at that moment.

It looks like it, but there was not!

So if the camera picks up a car, that wasn't there. Then what does it mean?

1. I am lying. (not implying you are accusing me)
2. This is a weird and unique apparition.
3. I forgot that there was a car, and I am mistaken that cars don't come there.

That day I absolutely went to that tombstone, and others to look at them. Taking pictures of them. As I mentioned before, I lost those.

Whelp. Trust me, there was no car.

Are hearses not the same over there? I figured there would be some slight variation to them like a police car but I figured for the most part they would look about the same. Must be my ‘Murica showin’. ;)

You mentioned a Chevy bumper and stacked lights, just pointing out you are not likely to find an American hearse there. And as I said, the hearses I've seen in Europe tend to be smaller than those here.
Here's an example of a Vauxhall hearse. Same basic layout, but smaller, with more glass.
vauxhall-omega-2001-808l.jpg

Reactions: Paintman
Vauxhall would be Opel here. And usually we have Benz Hearses here.

I am fascinated by the whole notion that it could be a tail light of a car - which in itself, could be a possibility.

There are no cars in the cemetery however, and i suspect they haven't been there because of reasons stated before, and the foliage in the background is dense enough to block any tail light, or any light for that matter, especially during day light. Behind the foliage is a piece of land where cars don't come.

Yes, I can see where there were no cars behind the foliage. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: Lynne
It looks like it, but there was not!
Beast, I'm going to believe you because you were there and I was not. Photos and the paranormal are tricky things, and we forgot to add in you are not here in America where it is common to have roadways running through cemeteries. What it was I can't say. What you need to focus on is how you felt about it and did it affect you in a negative way when it happened? Because, truly, the paranormal is personal...it's how it affects us in this realm that counts.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Beast, I'm going to believe you because you were there and I was not. Photos and the paranormal are tricky things, and we forgot to add in you are not here in America where it is common to have roadways running through cemeteries. What it was I can't say. What you need to focus on is how you felt about it and did it affect you in a negative way when it happened? Because, truly, the paranormal is personal...it's how it affects us in this realm that counts.

Hi Debi, thank you.

I'm sorry if i came across being angry or frustrated. I am actually grateful you take the time to respond.

The problem with this one is that there is little proof that it was not a car or anything else like a light/adornment. You can only trust me on my word and noone is obligated to do this. This is a good thing and I appreciate a critical mind. Perhaps the camera had a glitch or something did reflect, something that I didn't catch/find back then. Or just couldn't remember that it was there.

Whatever it is, paranormal or not, there was no car :)

Thank you for believing me on that one.

A.B., I chose the word harbinger as a small paranormal event that will alert you to a larger one coming. I suppose a more accurate word would be a heralding event. But that has too many associations of angels heralding events before a Marian apparition.
My premonition dreams are pretty small potatoes.:). So I chose a smaller word to describe it.

Something happened here that led to experiences that both you and your Mom had. Debi is on the mark as usual. These are very personal events and only you can ascribe meaning. So I will pose this question. If you have found meaning in your paranormal experiences what are you doing with it?
I will use my experience as an explanation. When I discovered I was sensitive to the paranormal, I started paying attention to it. Curiosity and a vague feeling that I was sensitive for a purpose. Consequently by paying attention, my sensitivity increases. Unfortunately my ability to discern these events lags behind my sensitivity.:(:p

What do I do with it? I first had to accept the fact that I will never know the nuts-and-bolts mechanics of these types of paranormal events. I think the Saints and the mystics get a glimpse.
Second is 3 options. When my dreaming life plays out the following day: I pay heightened attention and:
Run away. Or
Go towards it. And
Pray.

Reactions: Lynne
I think the car / hearse is probably the most likely, and even it it was not there 2 minutes before or 2 minutes after the photo was taken it is possible that it drove along the path in front of the trees and the photo was taken in the split second that the tail lights were visible through a gap in the stones.
There are a huge number of other photographs where the photo was taken at the exact moment when an unexpected event happened - and they are hard to believe.
timming_pictures_29.jpg
.....kind of spoiled the memorable shot didn't it?

Of course it could be a ghost replay of that event as well, but I am inclined to take the rational solution first unless it could be proven that no vehicle was on site that day.

Reactions: Duke
A.B., I chose the word harbinger as a small paranormal event that will alert you to a larger one coming. I suppose a more accurate word would be a heralding event. But that has too many associations of angels heralding events before a Marian apparition.
My premonition dreams are pretty small potatoes.:). So I chose a smaller word to describe it.

Something happened here that led to experiences that both you and your Mom had. Debi is on the mark as usual. These are very personal events and only you can ascribe meaning. So I will pose this question. If you have found meaning in your paranormal experiences what are you doing with it?
I will use my experience as an explanation. When I discovered I was sensitive to the paranormal, I started paying attention to it. Curiosity and a vague feeling that I was sensitive for a purpose. Consequently by paying attention, my sensitivity increases. Unfortunately my ability to discern these events lags behind my sensitivity.:(:p

What do I do with it? I first had to accept the fact that I will never know the nuts-and-bolts mechanics of these types of paranormal events. I think the Saints and the mystics get a glimpse.
Second is 3 options. When my dreaming life plays out the following day: I pay heightened attention and:
Run away. Or
Go towards it. And
Pray.
Excellent response Paint. I agree that the “take away” is what is important. How we grow in our view of the world and our relation to it. Going with our instinct on things that are hard to understand is usually a good decision. Our inner voice is often our best guide.