Recommendations and Reviews

Just saw the new Star Wars movie and loved it.

as for tv my husband usually picks the shows and I read.

The second season of Hellier is out on You Tube and is really an interesting look into paranormal activity and investigating a mystery starting with goblin activity. Both seasons are free and available. I do think you need to watch them in order not to be lost.

I watched Season one ( Ten episodes) of "The Haunting of Hill House" on Netflix. It started out a bit slow and was at times confusing ( reality verses imagination). Mrs Critter understood what was going on right away. :) The last two episodes were outstanding IMO. There is reported to be a season two in the works, but it will most likely have different characters as season one filled in most blanks and completed a story.

"The Haunting of Hill House" Steven Sees a Ghost (TV Episode 2018) - IMDb

Reactions: garnetsilver
I watched Season one ( Ten episodes) of "The Haunting of Hill House" on Netflix. It started out a bit slow and was at times confusing ( reality verses imagination). Mrs Critter understood what was going on right away. :) The last two episodes were outstanding IMO. There is reported to be a season two in the works, but it will most likely have different characters as season one filled in most blanks and completed a story.

"The Haunting of Hill House" Steven Sees a Ghost (TV Episode 2018) - IMDb
Is this a Netflix exclusive ? I don’t have Netflix.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Is this a Netflix exclusive ? I don’t have Netflix.
Yes, as far as I know.
Update:. You can purchase the book (same title) or purchase a Blu-ray disc of the series or buy individual episodes from Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
I have Netflix and I don't know what you mean by forced previews.
As you scroll thru movie titles and as you read the movie info, a preview will start on many of the titles. I agree with Garnet, this is annoying. You should be able to turn this off with a setting, but I don't see how.

As you scroll thru movie titles and as you read the movie info, a preview will start on many of the titles. I agree with Garnet, this is annoying.
It could be that I've just learned to filter it out and so I don't notice it anymore. I really am drawing a blank. I usually watch on my iPad. I'll look for it next time I watch.

Yes, as far as I know.
Update:. You can purchase the book (same title) or purchase a Blu-ray disc of the series or buy individual episodes from Amazon.
Thanks Critter.

Penny Dreadful (it's on Netflix) - Lots of great paranormal themes with characters from well-known gothic and horror fiction all set in late Victorian Era London and the American West.
I watched that series when it was airing on Showtime. Loved it!
Looking forward to the new series of Penny Dreadful as well.