Received nice email response from Sirius

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I wrote in to Sirius regarding those horrible ads on Monday night. Based on this and what Art said, I guess I was not alone. I just thought I would share the email and the response...

My email:

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:48 PM
To: Bowman, Samantha; artbell@artbell.com
Cc:
Subject: Dark Matter Advertising

Ms. Bowman,

I know you will be receiving a lot of emails regarding this, so I will try to be brief. As a new subscriber to Sirius radio, I anxiously awaited last nights first broadcast of Dark Matter. Mr. Bell's audience runs anywhere from probably eight to eighty years of age - a family program. The Jay Thomas commercials last night were not very well placed from a demographic point of view, or a thoughtful point of view in my opinion.

Hearing how a man wishes he had female sexual body parts so he can prostitue himself to his superior in order to get a raise is just vulgar and demeaning to men and women. This, and all of the profanity just do not fit the new Dark Matter audience. Mr. Bell had the class to immediately address the fact that despite the satellite format, he was choosing not to include profanity in his programs.

I know this will no doubt have little or no effect on your commercial programming, but wanted to give you feedback. This type of commercial if continued, will have a direct impact on whether I renew my trial subscription to your service.

Thank you,

Roy

Their reply:

Hi Roy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It's wonderful to hear how much enthusiasm the audience has for Art Bell, and we are indeed lucky and proud to have him as part of our line-up on Sirius XM.

I wanted to write you back to address your concerns over the promo features that ran during Art's inaugural broadcast Monday night. As Art mentioned in his broadcast on Tuesday, "the problem is fixed"; but I wanted to make sure you knew that we have taken steps to make sure that material like this does not play again during Dark Matter.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts... And thanks for coming along for the ride with Art Bell!

Sincerely,

Kenny Curtis

Kenny Curtis

Senior Director – Entertainment Programming SIRIUSXM

1500 Eckington Place NE

Washington, DC 20002

Reactions: Ab_Original
What?! They didn't accuse you of living in a mud hut, or stealing your neighbor's cable? They didn't even tell you to get a life and stop being a hater? Who is this mysterious Kenny Curtis and why is he such a professional? Could it be because he doesn't work at PremRat?

Wow. We're dealing with people who actually CARE about Art Bell's listenership. This is not just any ride, it's an E-Ticket Ride. Woo-Hoo!!!;):D

Reactions: Naked Apple
I've got the trial 30 days right now, but when it's up I am definitely going to invest in a subscription to Sirius. They are a professional, class act. Much like Art.

What?! They didn't accuse you of living in a mud hut, or stealing your neighbor's cable? They didn't even tell you to get a life and stop being a hater? Who is this mysterious Kenny Curtis and why is he such a professional? Could it be because he doesn't work at PremRat?
LOL - I know! Not only a professional reply, but I didn't even think I would get a response!! Very impressed with Sirius. :cool:

Wow. We're dealing with people who actually CARE about Art Bell's listenership. This is not just any ride, it's an E-Ticket Ride. Woo-Hoo!!!;):D
You got that right. Based on Art's comments here and there, Sirius has really pulled out all the stops to make sure Art was happy and that the show would be the best possible. Liking Sirius, I did not think they would ever change their advertising spots during the show. :cool:

Wait till you have to purchase a new radio after your initial one burns out. They soak you for an additional
$75 or more to activate each additional radio you purchase. "Sirius," is real serious about making shekels and gelt.