Really don't know how to title this

L.S.

Reaction score
Last Dec 23rd, a month ago today, I lost my wife and soulmate of 27 years. For days afterward I had a hard time going to sleep and staying asleep. On one of the days that I actually got some sleep I had a weird dream. This is how that dream went, We were laying in bed as we always have, I looked over at her and I know she had passed but I noticed that someone I couldn't see was doing chest compressions and CPR. I stared at this for a few seconds, then I noticed her eye lids trying to open, I then started screaming to her to wake up. I screamed this for several seconds than I actually woke up. I really don't know what to think, maybe it means nothing but it definitely was weird. Just curious about your takes on it.

Last Dec 23rd, a month ago today, I lost my wife and soulmate of 27 years. For days afterward I had a hard time going to sleep and staying asleep. On one of the days that I actually got some sleep I had a weird dream. This is how that dream went, We were laying in bed as we always have, I looked over at her and I know she had passed but I noticed that someone I couldn't see was doing chest compressions and CPR. I stared at this for a few seconds, then I noticed her eye lids trying to open, I then started screaming to her to wake up. I screamed this for several seconds than I actually woke up. I really don't know what to think, maybe it means nothing but it definitely was weird. Just curious about your takes on it.
Very sorry for you lose L.S., but I can offer no insight into the meaning, if any, of your dream. Perhaps other members will have some ideas.

My deepest condolences, L.S. The loss of a spouse/soulmate is so difficult, and this is still such a short time from her loss.

Grief can bring many different things in dreamstate. This may have been your mind trying to accept her loss. It could also have been a way of her telling you she opened her eyes on the other side and still lives on in what comes next. I would expect you may have more dreams of her in the future, and I hope they can bring you some comfort in knowing her spirit lives on. My prayers are with you during this time. May you find comfort in knowing you were blessed with her love.

I am very sorry for your loss, L.S. My sincere condolences to you and yours. It is difficult to decipher dreams like that. So many emotions are in play, any one or all could be a factor. I believe we do catch glimpses or have conversations with loved ones in dreams. They will be with us in spirit and their love does not diminish. One day we will be reunited with them in the great beyond. Until then, it is nice to know every so often, they will pay us a visit (or vice versa) when they or we are needed most.

My deepest condolences, L.S. The loss of a spouse/soulmate is so difficult, and this is still such a short time from her loss.

Grief can bring many different things in dreamstate. This may have been your mind trying to accept her loss. It could also have been a way of her telling you she opened her eyes on the other side and still lives on in what comes next. I would expect you may have more dreams of her in the future, and I hope they can bring you some comfort in knowing her spirit lives on. My prayers are with you during this time. May you find comfort in knowing you were blessed with her love.
This was the exact same thing that came to me as I read it. I am thinking you are right Debi; we were both inspired with the same interpretation. Sending love and intentions of peace to you LS.

I'm sorry about your loss LS, I can't imagine the pain you are in. I'm not sure about the dream meaning but I believe our love never dies and we become pure love when we leave this reality. My brother spoke this to me after his passing.

I couldn’t imagine what you’re going thru. And that’s the scary part, your mind will play awful tricks on you. At the worst time imaginable. I admire your strength. I don’t know if I could continue on…. The only comforting words I can muster is, your separation, is only temporary….You will guaranteed be re-united one day…..