Rated PG-10

As a kid, on Christmas Eve, my mom would take my brother and me into a back bedroom and about 5 minutes later, we would hear "Santa", banging around in the house, stomping and slamming cabinet doors. We could never find our dad during these strange Santa home invasions. We just hoped Santa hadn't killed him. It was always a relief to find presents AND our dad in one piece!

J, did Santa ever leave your Dad wrapped up under the tree? That would be such a great piece to a lifelong family tradition Christmas story.

Reactions: Lynne
My devastation came at nine years old. I woke up while my parents were moving gifts from a closet to under the tree.

This will probably not surprise you, but for me the significant issue was realizing my parents had been part of a multi-year con.

I think that if my parents had said at four years old, “Hey here is the real scoop on Santa Claus...” then I think that even young me could have created a different kind of healthy desire to know even more about the cultural traditions of the Yule.

When I watched The Da Vinci Code film for the first time, I think adult me felt a similar little bit of young me’s surprise during the reveal of the story. [But I have to be honest too that I knew much of the backstory of that movie from the book Holy Blood, Holy Grail.]

I found major disappointment and disillusionment in the trunk of a 197tysomething Oldsmobile 98 - silver gray with burgendy crushed velvet seats. One evening dad had to get something out of his trunk and I followed him to the garage. What's crucial to the story is I was the little boy version of Shadow Shadow T Cat. I followed my Dad everywhere:)

Dad told me to stand back when he opened up the trunk. And guess who didn't listen:(. Inside was the GI Joe headquarters. I remember instantly wailing,"Santa is supposed to bring that!"

But don't cry for me, because I am adaptable and managed to compensate. Because today I believe in flying saucers, Mothman, and 3 out of the 10 most popular conspiracy theories:)

Last edited:
DVlw5RY.jpg

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
managed to compensate. Because today I believe in flying saucers, Mothman, and 3 out of the 10 most popular conspiracy theories:)

hmmm santa was replaced with bigfoot....wonder what jung or freud would have to say on this.....lol.... I bet a whole semester could be taken on the topic of ppl needing something to believe in.....now I wonder just how deep that goes and what are the origins...crap, you got me thinking too early.....lol
just kidding, that's a cool story.

Reactions: Paintman
I found major disappointment and disillusionment in the trunk of a 197tysomething Oldsmobile 98 - silver gray with burgendy crushed velvet seats.

I chose to stop reading after your first sentence. Are you CERTAIN it is safe for my tender eyes to continue reading Paint? This sounds very NSFW like.

I chose to stop reading after your first sentence. Are you CERTAIN it is safe for my tender eyes to continue reading Paint? This sounds very NSFW like.
I know right???... in the back of my mind I could hear bruce springsteens "pink caddilac" playing while visions of my teen age years played out in my head....ahhhh, parking by the lake......dang paint, see what ya started????

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
here ya go paint...the image you put in all our heads...lol

Reactions: 7Critter
Even though I strung it along for years I'd say I was probably 10 when logic kicked in hey there's no way some overweight old man slips down chimneys and in all the places in the world in one night that's highly illogical

Even though I strung it along for years I'd say I was probably 10 when logic kicked in hey there's no way some overweight old man slips down chimneys and in all the places in the world in one night that's highly illogical

I don’t know System if questioning logic is something you want to do on the PNF.

However, I don’t question your use of the word “fat” as that I am. :p I also couldn’t fit down a chimney.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi