Random thoughts about manifestation

MsJ

Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a good day. Right before the outbreak, I bought a bike and kept it at work. My planned didn't work out as I thought due to fate. Over the last year, I kept telling myself, I'm getting a bike rack, I'm getting a bike rack - always in the back of my mind. Of course, I never did buy one. I did however order a keyboard stand.. Guess what I got..... A bike rack for my car. The company doesn't make bike racks and there is no record of it being sent. No one sent it as a gift. Anyone have any ideas about manifestation? Is it random like this? I would welcome any thoughts or advice. The mind is a very powerful thing, isn't it?

Hi MsJ! Let me move this over to another area. Have some thoughts I'll share with you.

Just as explanation, our live chat area pulls more server power so it is reserved for chat threads only.

Manifesting things is quite the marvel! And it often comes with a mystery attached...just like this one. When we focus on something, we send the message out to the universe and the universe responds in it's own way. This is one of the reasons we are often warned "be careful what you ask for and be specific!"

I've heard of cases with bad outcomes, although it sounds like yours was a perfect outcome! Although you may not see that keyboard stand...lol I've heard of people asking for money but not adding in no harm be done to receive it. The person did receive the money but it was from parents that suddenly died. Was this coincidence? Maybe. But it's one of the reasons if I'm asking for something I'm really specific on the "do no harm" part.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. I heard a story on the radio....maybe others heard it as well. A woman needed some money and she kept concentrating on the 3K. Then she got into a bad car accident, car was totaled and had physical injuries. Then the insurance company gave her 3K for the car.
Thank you for the reminder.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. I heard a story on the radio....maybe others heard it as well. A woman needed some money and she kept concentrating on the 3K. Then she got into a bad car accident, car was totaled and had physical injuries. Then the insurance company gave her 3K for the car.
Thank you for the reminder.
I've heard several stories like that. It's the law of attraction, and unfortunately it didn't come with a rule book. We're still trying to figure it all out other than the fact we know it works. Intention is a very strong tool. I've been working with it about 60 plus years now and I still can't find an operating manual for it.

Good to know and great advice.... I have often thought that there is a lot in this world that is still unknown, and a mystery. Keeps me on my toes.

Reactions: Debi
I used to make a wish board, where I would take poster board and glue on pictures of things that I wanted. Living in an apartment at the time, I put a few pics of nice looking rooms, hoping that they would manifest as a lovely home for myself and my daughter.

About a month later, a friend lost her husband to cancer and my daughter and I moved in with her as paying guests to help her meet the mortgage payments until she could sell her home. Two of the rooms in her house matched the pictures on my wish board. So I guess I wasn't specific enough; after all, it was her home not mine. And worse, her husband died, enabling us to move in with her and her children.

I've heard several stories like that. It's the law of attraction, and unfortunately it didn't come with a rule book. We're still trying to figure it all out other than the fact we know it works. Intention is a very strong tool. I've been working with it about 60 plus years now and I still can't find an operating manual for it.
i wonder if that is where, or is linked, to some of the stories of the djinn or other entities granting wishes but having a twist to how they are granted, comes from?...hmmm. never thought of it that way or in those parameters.

i wonder if that is where, or is linked, to some of the stories of the djinn or other entities granting wishes but having a twist to how they are granted, comes from?...hmmm. never thought of it that way or in those parameters.
That is food for thought, indeed.

Reactions: Paulm
i have often wondered that myself....I've heard it said there were secret forces that's why we have to be careful what we say, what we wish for and what we sacrifice unknowingly.