Random thoughts about manifestation

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
i wonder if that is where, or is linked, to some of the stories of the djinn or other entities granting wishes but having a twist to how they are granted, comes from?...hmmm. never thought of it that way or in those parameters.
Very interesting observation, Paul. That would fit quite well.

Reactions: Paulm

crux

Reaction score
I used to make a wish board, where I would take poster board and glue on pictures of things that I wanted.
I did this too. Way back in my youth in the 1960s. I don't recall where I got the idea. Must have read about it somewhere. I also don't remember all the things I put on it but I do remember that I did end up getting everything I put on it.

papapoo

Reaction score
I've heard several stories like that. It's the law of attraction, and unfortunately it didn't come with a rule book. We're still trying to figure it all out other than the fact we know it works. Intention is a very strong tool. I've been working with it about 60 plus years now and I still can't find an operating manual for it.
Maybe knowing how it works but never being able to fully employ the law at will isn't such a bad thing. I could be wrong here but in my mind, if there ever was an operating manual, the likelihood of such a tool getting into the wrong hands would be considerably high.

crux

Reaction score
Actually, this has happened to me a lot. I want A but I go for B. But, I end up getting A anyway despite my efforts to get B.

I think it has to do with "trying" vs "just doing." Trying implies failure. If you try, then you're telling yourself you may fail. So, if you want A but you go for B then you're not trying (i.e. failing) to get A so A is what you get.

Of course, it would be easier to not "try" to do anything in the first place. Just DO IT.

BeeRaelle

Reaction score
I believe that this is the "law of attraction." I have had several times when I kept on thinking I need a certain amount of money for whatever it was I needed the money for - the most recent being about 6 months ago. Each of these times, I received almost the same exact amount of money I needed one way or the other, but, most often, surprisingly enough, through "checks in the mail." The most recent occurrence was about 6 months ago, and I needed $400.00. I just kept thinking of how could I come up with this much money in this amount of time, and, voila, a check for $476.26 showed up in my mailbox due to monies owed to me from a previous employer of which I was totally unaware. The time before that, I needed a smaller amount of money and kept on thinking about how I could get that amount of money in a few days. Again, voila, I got a check in the exact amount of what I needed from a physician's bill that I had overpaid 5 years prior.

Lynne

** November Member of the Month ** Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I am really late to this thread but it’s a good topic. I think the universe heard you. Intention works. The way you phrased it espicially “I’m getting a bike rack”, put it into a present tense faith statement. I’m so glad you were making a positive affirmation. One can see why some complainers are always in trouble.

garnetsilver

** May Member of the Month **
Reaction score
I am really late to this thread but it’s a good topic. I think the universe heard you. Intention works. The way you phrased it espicially “I’m getting a bike rack”, put it into a present tense faith statement. I’m so glad you were making a positive affirmation. One can see why some complainers are always in trouble.
I told my daughter about this the other day'; to stop ordering negative stuff from the universe and state what she really wants!

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne

Lynne

** November Member of the Month ** Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I told my daughter about this the other day'; to stop ordering negative stuff from the universe and state what she really wants!
Faith does work. I look at it from a Christian perspective but It is the same principle. I believe the secular book that was popular on the topic was “ The Secret”. Remind your daughter of the old saying “ the thing that I feared has come upon me”. Speak a positive statement several times over every negative slip.

garnetsilver

** May Member of the Month **
Reaction score
It's amazing that such a simple concept is so hard to grasp! I think that human beings like to complicate things.

Reactions: Paulm