Random tales from a musician

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
I have lots of stories and if you find them interesting I can post more.

Soon after playing music full time I moved to London with the other guy in the band at that time a two piece. Now this guy came from a privileged background a world away from how I grew up but we got on well and were successful. For a while we stayed with his mother who was a lovely lady and lived in a fashionable pat of London.

We gigged at night and believe me it's difficult finding paying gigs in that city but we did well and built a reputation and didn't require rehearsals during the day so what to so?

So singer dudes mother had an antique shop in Bond Street which is rich shopping in London and she asked me to play classical guitar in her shop during the day, easy gig it was indoor posh busking. I loved it, her customer's loved it. Gig on the street get a few coins but it can be lucrative, in her shop folks would give me £10 and £20 notes, just awesome.

I learned a lot about Staffordshire ceramics :)

I have lots of stories and if you find them interesting I can post more.

Soon after playing music full time I moved to London with the other guy in the band at that time a two piece. Now this guy came from a privileged background a world away from how I grew up but we got on well and were successful. For a while we stayed with his mother who was a lovely lady and lived in a fashionable pat of London.

We gigged at night and believe me it's difficult finding paying gigs in that city but we did well and built a reputation and didn't require rehearsals during the day so what to so?

So singer dudes mother had an antique shop in Bond Street which is rich shopping in London and she asked me to play classical guitar in her shop during the day, easy gig it was indoor posh busking. I loved it, her customer's loved it. Gig on the street get a few coins but it can be lucrative, in her shop folks would give me £10 and £20 notes, just awesome.

I learned a lot about Staffordshire ceramics :)
Ohhh, I like stories! Bring them on!

Do you know I had no clue what busking WAS until about 3 years ago? Honest.

Reactions: TonyM
Ohhh, I like stories! Bring them on!

Do you know I had no clue what busking WAS until about 3 years ago? Honest.

I don't know if you have busking in the US but in UK cities you'll see street musicians everywhere, less common in Europe but I did the busking thing there too.

I don't know if you have busking in the US but in UK cities you'll see street musicians everywhere, less common in Europe but I did the busking thing there too.
Not here so much. A bit in the Keys and in New York, but otherwise not common in most of the US. I was just new to the term and didn't know how prevelent it was over your side of the pond.

Reactions: TonyM
Not here so much. A bit in the Keys and in New York, but otherwise not common in most of the US. I was just new to the term and didn't know how prevelent it was over your side of the pond.

For me paid rehearsal and exposure although that wasn't the intention. I woudn't do that now but recommended for young musicians

Reactions: Debi and Paintman