Random Childhood Memory

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
FOUND MYSELF LAUGHING TODAY AT A RANDOM CHILDHOOD MEMORY. IT JUST POPPED UP INTO MY MIND AND GOOD MEMORIES WERE SHARED.
GIVE ME A POSITIVE MEMORY FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD THAT MAKES YOU SMILE!

;bg3

Mine was learning the polka by standing on my grandmother's feet as she danced. It was hang on and dance at age 5! lol

I remember when I was in the second grade, and my mother was in the hospital, recovering from having my little sister. In all the excitement, no one had thought who would take on the task of getting us ready for school. So my oldest brother, eleven at the time, tried to tame the bed heads of myself and my younger sister. What a mess he made of our hair! I can laugh now, because what could a boy know about styling hair, lol.

I remember when I was in the second grade, and my mother was in the hospital, recovering from having my little sister. In all the excitement, no one had thought who would take on the task of getting us ready for school. So my oldest brother, eleven at the time, tried to tame the bed heads of myself and my younger sister. What a mess he made of our hair! I can laugh now, because what could a boy know about styling hair, lol.
Love that story, Garnet. My son recently cut my hair for me. As he was doing it he said, "You used to cut mine, now I cut yours. Ahhhhh....the circle of life...and payback." lol

Mine was learning the polka by standing on my grandmother's feet as she danced. It was hang on and dance at age 5! lol
I remember my gran teaching me to dance like that too, lol. Also remember her taking her false teeth out and chasing me, I was really scared but loved her doing it, lol.

I remember my gran teaching me to dance like that too, lol. Also remember her taking her false teeth out and chasing me, I was really scared but loved her doing it, lol.
Glad we share the same kind of dancing gran but also glad mine didn't do the teeth thing! :eek:

I seem to remember being taught how to dance by the same means but I never really got into it. I also remember turning five years old and the cake that I had gotten that day. And even after all this time, I still remember what it looked like.

I just mentioned to my husband that I miss roller skating. I spent every Saturday foe years as a kid and teen at the roller rink.
I took skating lessons as a kid at the rink.

Another memory is using those old key skates that fell off your shoes and landed you on the sidewalk. I remember being a literal bloody mess a few times with those things!