Rambling thoughts on time and distance

I recently started getting into the redit reads on youtube chilling tales for dark nights and lets read among others are good. I have been working on a story for ten years I just need help with the wording I was talking to Jason Hill about it he said if and when I get it edited he can proofread it but I really am not looking forward to it so much as I thought it still has a lot of holes in it and I dont want to mess it up because the real story is much stranger than most fiction I can come up with. I can relate to a lot of the fiction tales like the Pill Mills because there is a lot of truth to them because of the state of mind that person must have been in even though it was delusional it was real to him at that particular time.
Sometimes being the dark one shows you the light that you have missed out on and maybe then you see things for what they really are. Something to that effect anyway.
I've gotten some really good rejection letters in my day. And I mean that - I got some very good advice from editors. Don't be afraid to ship it for review; after all, perfect is the enemy of good.

I don't see this as part of the "time" issue, as I believe we have found these to be "recordings" that play over and over. The intensity of emotional energy has somehow embedded this into either the rock/stone/earth itself, in my opinion. Now, we can ask what triggers this for replay, but it may be a phenom not actually associated with time. Like a movie or film, it may simply be a piece of time caught for future review.

I think this is absolutely possible and even probable. I call it a 'time loop' and I think it has everything to do with energy imprints. The Australian Aborigines have been following 'The Dream Line's' for so long back in history that no one can find the beginning of the thing. They say the Dream Line's have recorded the Ancestor's energy imprints since the beginning of time and they have no problem 'seeing' them. That's how they are able to move through vast amounts of empty desert without ever getting lost or being unable to find water or shelter etc. It is pretty fascinating.

Now, if all time is running at once and it's only our "perceptions" in this world that gives time it's reality, then this would let us look at non-local reality to receive these images of future time.

A Wise One once tried to explain 'time' to me. After about an hour of 'huh?' He gave me this example.

Everything that IS happened in a moment. All was Emanated in that moment. Time only exists according to form of Emanation and place of Emanation. Huh? Okay. Here then... If One goes through a Gate - One is immediately Home. But, If the One standing on this side asks, Are they Home? I would say - Yes. But in your world it will be thousand's of years before they arrive.

That's the best I got.

As far as the time-space question where if you moved forward or backward in time you wouldn't be located on Earth anymore, I don't see that as a problem. I suspect that there is a certain inertial factor here that you are not taking into account. With all of that movement that you mentioned then if I jumped up in the air, why wouldn't the world move out from under me and have me landing a measurable distance off from where I jumped up?

I believe that time and space are part of a flowing force and that all things inside this flow are carried along and to some extent locked into their place inertially. If you are in an airplane and toss a ball up it goes up and down just like it would if you weren't moving...FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW. If viewed from an external stationary point you would see that the ball indeed did NOT go straight up and down, Rather it went up in an arch and only landed in your hand because you had also moved forward the same distance.

Time may well be strictly a point of view sort of thing. I'm pretty sure that at times if you change your mental point of view that you can "remember" the future and even see it. I'm not sure that your body can be moved but the mind may indeed exist partially outside of the normal flow of time and be able to perceive other times both past and future.

Like you, I like to ponder the imponderables and allow my mind to ramble freely.

Reactions: 7Critter
I think this is absolutely possible and even probable. I call it a 'time loop' and I think it has everything to do with energy imprints. The Australian Aborigines have been following 'The Dream Line's' for so long back in history that no one can find the beginning of the thing. They say the Dream Line's have recorded the Ancestor's energy imprints since the beginning of time and they have no problem 'seeing' them. That's how they are able to move through vast amounts of empty desert without ever getting lost or being unable to find water or shelter etc. It is pretty fascinating.

A Wise One once tried to explain 'time' to me. After about an hour of 'huh?' He gave me this example.

Everything that IS happened in a moment. All was Emanated in that moment. Time only exists according to form of Emanation and place of Emanation. Huh? Okay. Here then... If One goes through a Gate - One is immediately Home. But, If the One standing on this side asks, Are they Home? I would say - Yes. But in your world it will be thousand's of years before they arrive.

That's the best I got.
This is actually well explained. Really for perception everything happens in the now. Concentrating on that moment before it’s past or present may be where the treasure is buried. :D

As far as the time-space question where if you moved forward or backward in time you wouldn't be located on Earth anymore, I don't see that as a problem. I suspect that there is a certain inertial factor here that you are not taking into account. With all of that movement that you mentioned then if I jumped up in the air, why wouldn't the world move out from under me and have me landing a measurable distance off from where I jumped up?

I believe that time and space are part of a flowing force and that all things inside this flow are carried along and to some extent locked into their place inertially. If you are in an airplane and toss a ball up it goes up and down just like it would if you weren't moving...FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW. If viewed from an external stationary point you would see that the ball indeed did NOT go straight up and down, Rather it went up in an arch and only landed in your hand because you had also moved forward the same distance.

Time may well be strictly a point of view sort of thing. I'm pretty sure that at times if you change your mental point of view that you can "remember" the future and even see it. I'm not sure that your body can be moved but the mind may indeed exist partially outside of the normal flow of time and be able to perceive other times both past and future.

Like you, I like to ponder the imponderables and allow my mind to ramble freely.
Very good ideas on this to think about.

As you know, I'm not all that science based, but I do find this fascinating. I'm going to throw in a few observations here in a pre-coffee state. :eek:

I don't see this as part of the "time" issue, as I believe we have found these to be "recordings" that play over and over. The intensity of emotional energy has somehow embedded this into either the rock/stone/earth itself, in my opinion. Now, we can ask what triggers this for replay, but it may be a phenom not actually associated with time. Like a movie or film, it may simply be a piece of time caught for future review.

Here is truly where I see time being of import. Now, if all time is running at once and it's only our "perceptions" in this world that gives time it's reality, then this would let us look at non-local reality to receive these images of future time. If we are reaching beyond that time construct into a non-local reality that is aware of all time events, we could conceivably have access to that information in advance.

OK, now I need coffee and see if after I drink it if my thoughts were conveyed in any type of understandable form. lol

So, what you are generally saying, is if our reality is a house, and the stairways are time, seeing the future is coming out of the house and re-entering the second floor through a window?

I have some opinions about this.

In physics, there is something called an arrow of time. Physicists couldn't at first explain why time moves to the direction it does. The current understanding is it's because of the second law of thermodynamics. The law that states that entropy must increase with the passage of time. Or rather, everything moves more and more towards a more unorderly, more unified state. BUT thermodynamics is the study of systems at work, not fundamental units.

For example, imagine a bunch of balls. You leave the balls on the ground in a neat square. The world is unpredictable. Even if you don't exact any force on the ball, the casimir effect would do that, often significantly and visibly. The balls would collide with one another and then you'd have a recipe for chaos. However, through this entire ordeal, the balls wouldn't change. That's one of the must dos for something fundamental, it must not change over the course of time. So time, rather than a fundamental concept, is an emerging concept.

However, notice something?

The only law that governs that time must move in a single direction is a statistical law, not a deterministic one.
A whole bunch of particle and information might as well just randomly decide to jump to a distant state, and with enough energy, it doesn't break any laws of physics, really.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Time might be something like entropy and what we are perceiving as time is the universe slowly moving from chaos to order. The moment before the instant of creation, whether it was a big bang or a twang or whatever, things went from total order to total chaos. Every moment since has been the universe slowly coalescing and gathering into a more cohesive form. Time may be simply a measurement of how far we are from order. As the universe comes back into order time tight be perceived from the outside as traveling in both directions since there is order on each end. Then you will perhaps realize that it is actually an endless circle with order and chaos chasing its tail around and over again and again.

Time might be something like entropy and what we are perceiving as time is the universe slowly moving from chaos to order. The moment before the instant of creation, whether it was a big bang or a twang or whatever, things went from total order to total chaos. Every moment since has been the universe slowly coalescing and gathering into a more cohesive form. Time may be simply a measurement of how far we are from order. As the universe comes back into order time tight be perceived from the outside as traveling in both directions since there is order on each end. Then you will perhaps realize that it is actually an endless circle with order and chaos chasing its tail around and over again and again.
Interesting thoughts on this. I was thinking it would work in reverse. Things left to themselves devolve or move into a chaotic state.