Rain causing activity to amp up?

WhitneyKristina

Reaction score
Last night and all day today it has been raining with thunder and lightning. I live in southern California so rain doesn't come around that often. I have heard many times before that the rain causes spirit activity to amp up more than usual. Previous times it has rain I have noticed a little more activity in my house but not enough to think that it was caused by the rain. And the rain doesn't come around often enough for me to really explore that theory more. But giving the events I went through today I think I believe that theory.
So I have been home alone working in my office for most of the day. No one was going to be home till around 10 pm. At around 6 I heard our house alarm go off. The alarm is just two beeps whenever a window or the front and back door is opened. I thought that maybe someone had gotten home early so I got up and went to see who it was. I walked through the whole house and no one was there. I thought that maybe I had left a window or a door a little opened and it had opened or shut on it's own from the wind. So I walked around to every window and door and made sure that they all were shut and secure. They all were shut so I thought maybe I just heard something else. I went back to the office and continued working. About an hour later I heard the beeps again. I got up and checked everything again, and came to the conclusion that maybe due to the rain the alarm system was acting up. I decided to disable the alarm completely to see if that was the problem. As soon as I sat down at my desk I felt like there was someone else in the office with me. At first I thought that it was a real person who had possibly broken in. I was sitting there trying to reach for the letter opener I keep in my top drawer. I heard the floorboards creak behind me so I spun around in my chair and there was nothing. I got up and checked the whole house again and there was no one in the house, and no open doors or windows. I figure I had creeped myself out being home alone and that the moisture in the air had caused the wood to creak so I went back to the office. As soon as I got to the office the house alarm started beeping and wouldn't stop. The thing about the alarm is that when it goes off it's only the 2 beeps. Nothing more. I ran to the living room where I had unplugged the alarm and it was still unplugged on the table. It could not be going off if it was unplugged. I called the security company and they told me that they had no record of the alarm going off at all and the didn't know what was going on. They said that it could just be an issue caused by the storm. The alarm finally stopped, and I thought that was it for the night. I went to the living room to watch a movie. The TV kept cutting in and out and I thought it was just an issue with the cable so I decided to switch to Netflix, when I switched the TV it went blank and I saw a man sanding in the corner of the room in the reflection of the TV. I turned around and there was no one there. Once again I went though the whole house to make sure no one had broken in. And once again there was no one there. I began to think that what was going on was clearly supernatural. I have regular activity that happens in my house but this felt different. I have never had anything like this happen. I decided that the best course of action was to try and connect with whoever it was that was in my house trying to get my attention because I felt that it was not a familiar spirit to me. Not to get into too much detail on who I connected to and all of that. I feel that the connections I make with the spirit world and what I learn from them is private to a certain degree and the connection I made I feel like it is not my place to go into too much detail about it right now. Not until I learn a little more about it. One thing I did learn from them was that they said they had used the energy from the storm to finally get my attention. I have never had that happen to me. My main question is have any of you ever experienced more activity during the rain and do you think that there is a connection between rain/running water and amplified supernatural activity?

Yes it does give more energy available. There is more ambient energy in a storm. On EVP a spirit told me they get power from a storm. It is theorized that spirits can interact with EMF which can be influenced from thunderstorms. Just the increase in transient energy like wind let alone the electric component supercharging, it's a blessing as well my whole family enjoys reading tarot or oracles in the rain. The readings are often more intense.

Yes it does give more energy available. There is more ambient energy in a storm. On EVP a spirit told me they get power from a storm. It is theorized that spirits can interact with EMF which can be influenced from thunderstorms. Just the increase in transient energy like wind let alone the electric component supercharging, it's a blessing as well my whole family enjoys reading tarot or oracles in the rain. The readings are often more intense.

Lots of info in just six sentences. Thx HJ for posting additional info supporting rain and storms as energy sources for entities and for tarot.

I do a lot of my work through tarot cards and I noticed that night that things were coming through much easier. I didn't have to concentrate and meditate as hard as I usually do to connect. It was quite amazing. I received a lot of information, not just from the spirit who was trying to get my attention but information regarding a few people I am working with currently. It makes me wish it rained here more often.
I had heard in the past that the energy from storms help with spirit connection, but I never really had much experience with it given the fact that it only rains where I live about once a year.
Thank you for the information, I definitely am going to try and work with EMF and EVP with my cards next time there is a storm. Which knowing California it might be a while.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
I do a lot of my work through tarot cards and I noticed that night that things were coming through much easier. I didn't have to concentrate and meditate as hard as I usually do to connect. It was quite amazing. I received a lot of information, not just from the spirit who was trying to get my attention but information regarding a few people I am working with currently. It makes me wish it rained here more often.
I had heard in the past that the energy from storms help with spirit connection, but I never really had much experience with it given the fact that it only rains where I live about once a year.
Thank you for the information, I definitely am going to try and work with EMF and EVP with my cards next time there is a storm. Which knowing California it might be a while.
Yes when experiencing paranormal activity people can document massive EMF spikes. A EMF detector is a scientific instrument so people like to use that to have multiple forms of validation in paranormal investigations. When I was in the apartment me and my wife moved out of last we had detected a 0 to 90 milligauss which is a massive. Thought our activity was extremely demonic and negative so when I rained it was quite ominous and nefarious feeling and our place flooded and our car. We had a massive amount of "random" bad luck. That apartment in general was serendipitous in how we got in it. Anyway now that I am out and activity has been slowly decreasing if not fluctuating while decreasing, the rain has become more innocent and more of a happy thing. No more nightmares of waking up to my car flooding. Quite ominous. We are lucky we got out with our lives. Other people living there have not made it out. Since I moved out even more suicides and violence have occurred there.

I think if you are in a good area then storm energy can be fun and exhilarating even freeing and purifying, but when in a bad environment it can get bad.

As for EVP in combination with your cards I would be wary to not make your cards in a vulnerable position for attachment. In my past apartment the demons really did not like us using our cards or learning about oracles (who we would then call on to help defend against the negative). So they did not attach to our cards though they would scatter them across the room when no one was home. I would be cautious about that combo personally and just leave the EVP for for their own limited sessions and the oracle and tarot freely. I was never attempting to use my tarot in any way negatively or to seek harm. They are tools and they are sensitive tools so I always try and protect my cards. Feel free to do what you feel is right but I would have caution with the cards and the tarot. Maybe it would be cool trying to contact some fairy or angel spirits. But it seems like you could get something like that without the cards.

The question is if you get something disturbing on EVP while using the cards it could disturb your process or connection with the cards. Possibly. These are the more severe outcomes. A more realistic outcome may be a muddled reading.

Lots of info in just six sentences. Thx HJ for posting additional info supporting rain and storms as energy sources for entities and for tarot.
Thanks that's awesome! I was in a hurry but I'm glad I got the good stuff down. I read a lot and type sometimes and never end up finishing because I have to do something and forget lol. I still enjoy reading and sometimes I can pop in a reply. Though I enjoy most plopping down and writing it up uninterrupted haha

Reactions: WhitneyKristina
Yes when experiencing paranormal activity people can document massive EMF spikes. A EMF detector is a scientific instrument so people like to use that to have multiple forms of validation in paranormal investigations. When I was in the apartment me and my wife moved out of last we had detected a 0 to 90 milligauss which is a massive. Thought our activity was extremely demonic and negative so when I rained it was quite ominous and nefarious feeling and our place flooded and our car. We had a massive amount of "random" bad luck. That apartment in general was serendipitous in how we got in it. Anyway now that I am out and activity has been slowly decreasing if not fluctuating while decreasing, the rain has become more innocent and more of a happy thing. No more nightmares of waking up to my car flooding. Quite ominous. We are lucky we got out with our lives. Other people living there have not made it out. Since I moved out even more suicides and violence have occurred there.

I think if you are in a good area then storm energy can be fun and exhilarating even freeing and purifying, but when in a bad environment it can get bad.

As for EVP in combination with your cards I would be wary to not make your cards in a vulnerable position for attachment. In my past apartment the demons really did not like us using our cards or learning about oracles (who we would then call on to help defend against the negative). So they did not attach to our cards though they would scatter them across the room when no one was home. I would be cautious about that combo personally and just leave the EVP for for their own limited sessions and the oracle and tarot freely. I was never attempting to use my tarot in any way negatively or to seek harm. They are tools and they are sensitive tools so I always try and protect my cards. Feel free to do what you feel is right but I would have caution with the cards and the tarot. Maybe it would be cool trying to contact some fairy or angel spirits. But it seems like you could get something like that without the cards.

The question is if you get something disturbing on EVP while using the cards it could disturb your process or connection with the cards. Possibly. These are the more severe outcomes. A more realistic outcome may be a muddled reading.
It really sounds like there is something truly negative attached to that apartment.
That definitely is something to consider regarding the use of EVP. In the past I had a very negative entity, for lack of a better term stalking me. I did post a thread on here about that entity, at the time I just thought that it was a random occurrence. I have since had the entity banished from my home and have not had anything happen since regarding it. But while we were doing the banishment certain information came through stating that this entity had been following me for years waiting for it's opportunity and at the time of the attacks I was in a very vulnerable place. With all that being said I think that using EVP along side my cards is really not good idea. Thank you for warning me before I went off and did that and possibly attracted that entity back into my life. It's also a reason why that night in the storm I was a little afraid to try and connect to anything. But thankfully I did connect and the spirit I connected with was pure and the whole session I did was amazing.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Wow that’s quite an expierence. We have a lot of rain in Michigan but I’ve not made a coralation personally. However I do believe it would give energy to whatever entries are around. It does seem energy is the fuel they need to interact.

From my overall understanding of the subject matter, its not so much rain giving the energy... water or running water is a good conductor... its a great medium for the transfer of energy. The lightning and thunder is the source of power that is fed upon.