• Art And Airyn Bell Sue Michael Savage For Defamation
    December 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM (PT)
    3 Comments

• Bell

ART BELL and his wife AIRYN RUIZ BELL have filed suit against syndicated talker MICHAEL SAVAGE, WESTWOOD ONE, and CUMULUS for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress.

The suit, filed WEDNESDAY in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CALIFORNIA, alleges that on SEPTEMBER 25th, SAVAGE defamed the couple with the comment, "You say UFOs, you wind up in the PHILIPPINES with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years. You can’t do UFOs. That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business.”

The suit notes that "Ms. BELL has never been a prostitute and was 22 years old when the BELLS married. Also, Mr. BELL was not 'off the radio' because he discussed UFOs or married Ms. BELL. These facts were publicly known and closely followed by many in the radio broadcasting industry and general public."

A request for a retraction or correction was "ignored," the complaint states. "At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism."
- See more at: Art And Airyn Bell Sue Michael Savage For Defamation

Reactions: Paintman
  • Art And Airyn Bell Sue Michael Savage For Defamation
    December 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM (PT)
    3 Comments

• Bell

ART BELL and his wife AIRYN RUIZ BELL have filed suit against syndicated talker MICHAEL SAVAGE, WESTWOOD ONE, and CUMULUS for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress.

The suit, filed WEDNESDAY in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CALIFORNIA, alleges that on SEPTEMBER 25th, SAVAGE defamed the couple with the comment, "You say UFOs, you wind up in the PHILIPPINES with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years. You can’t do UFOs. That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business.”

The suit notes that "Ms. BELL has never been a prostitute and was 22 years old when the BELLS married. Also, Mr. BELL was not 'off the radio' because he discussed UFOs or married Ms. BELL. These facts were publicly known and closely followed by many in the radio broadcasting industry and general public."

A request for a retraction or correction was "ignored," the complaint states. "At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism."
- See more at: Art And Airyn Bell Sue Michael Savage For Defamation

Oh brother, Art. Your name was never mentioned, and it didn't say the hooker became a wife... Grasping at straws here....ALSO, Art is strongly considering resumption of his....career-and this has harmed him???? Give me a break !!!

Reactions: Debi
Art Bell I have never spoken to Michael Savage, AKA Michael Weiner, I don't know him. As you read for some reason that I just can't figure out on his show he simply went after my Wife and myself in the most horrible way any person can go after another. We have never had words between us of any kind. That said, he attacked us with plain Malice and for no reason. I have been so angry that I nearly did something that would land me in jail. Instead I contacted my Lawyer and had him send a demand for retraction which was ignored. Now I have filed a Lawsuit. I want to thank the leaders in Broadcasting that have already come forward to say they will gladly Testify that they know exactly what was said and who he meant. Beyond that I am going to be gone for a while to try and keep my Family away from the publicity and the honest to God hurt this has brought. My Wife is Pregnant and does not need this, nor do I. I am sure most of you can see his statement for what it is. So I will be out of the area for a while and any comments I might make will have to wait till I get back and more to the point calm down, I can not remember being this gut angry in my life. For anybody willing to help my Lawyer is Gerry Fox in Los Angeles and can be contacted at (310) 441-0500.

Art

Art hurt his own career more than anyone else. Art, it's time to fade away from the public. Let us remember the good Art Bell radio days.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
My dad is 70. Kind of freaks me out thinking this would be like my dad announcing he's having a baby aaaaaah!
I pray he lives a long time

Art hurt his own career more than anyone else. Art, it's time to fade away from the public. Let us remember the good Art Bell radio days.
I think if he returned to the radio he would still have a huge following inspite of what he's done. I know I'd listen.

Reactions: Paintman
Whats new with John B Wells, Ian Punnett, and Art Bell

Reactions: Lynne