Quote of the Day

May your glass ever be full
May the roof over your head always be sturdy
May you reach heaven a half hour before The Devil knows you're dead

-Old Irish Blessing
I like this one

OK here is a quote that is actually stuck on the wall above my desk, has been there nearly 25 years:

"Here in a world of warped philosophies, of ignorance and terror and impotence, of little men yelling large defiance, we see quiet men going about a job- not an easy job, not a cut-and-dried job, not a job that can be accomplished out of books or by the weight of money alone. But a job they think worth doing in spite of its impossibility, in spite of it's tediousness, its demands for self effacement, sometimes at the risk of life itself. Men facing things that can't be done and doing them; for no other reason than that some men are made that way and always will be." -- David O. Woodbury 1939

Extra points if you can name what Woodbury was referring to.

“But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand.”
― Jerome K. Jerome, Three Men in a Boat

For the upcoming Summer.

"Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get." -- Unknown

OK here is a quote that is actually stuck on the wall above my desk, has been there nearly 25 years:

"Here in a world of warped philosophies, of ignorance and terror and impotence, of little men yelling large defiance, we see quiet men going about a job- not an easy job, not a cut-and-dried job, not a job that can be accomplished out of books or by the weight of money alone. But a job they think worth doing in spite of its impossibility, in spite of it's tediousness, its demands for self effacement, sometimes at the risk of life itself. Men facing things that can't be done and doing them; for no other reason than that some men are made that way and always will be." -- David O. Woodbury 1939

Extra points if you can name what Woodbury was referring to.
Has to be politics

“When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” – Cherokee
Oh I love this one.