Quote of the Day

The Valiant taste of death only once while the coward will die a thousand times.
My uncle Ed used to say, Nothing is impossible for those that dont have to do it. He was a vet that didnt have a high opinion of his commanding officers ( I think )

Reactions: Benway
I think that one of the differences between my generation and the ones after me has to do with the way we were raised. When I was a kid if I was afraid of something my Dad usually made me face my fear and do it. eventually, that becomes a habit and I still will instinctively go and DO the things that I fear. "Fear is a mind-killer." There was a lot to fear when I was young. I think that when our father came home from WW2 they had faced so much fear that they were almost immune to it. The women might not have gone to war but in fact it has to be harder to wait and wonder if your loved ones will come home then to face your fears and move past it. My Mom was a war bride. He never came home. He died on Iwo Jima and there was no body to even send home. They were tough people and didn't have much patience with the fears of a child. They passed some of that on to my generation. I tried to do a little better with my daughter but also refused to let silly fears rule her life. You know the fight or flight reflex? I never learned to fly.

I think that one of the differences between my generation and the ones after me has to do with the way we were raised. When I was a kid if I was afraid of something my Dad usually made me face my fear and do it. eventually, that becomes a habit and I still will instinctively go and DO the things that I fear. "Fear is a mind-killer." There was a lot to fear when I was young. I think that when our father came home from WW2 they had faced so much fear that they were almost immune to it. The women might not have gone to war but in fact it has to be harder to wait and wonder if your loved ones will come home then to face your fears and move past it. My Mom was a war bride. He never came home. He died on Iwo Jima and there was no body to even send home. They were tough people and didn't have much patience with the fears of a child. They passed some of that on to my generation. I tried to do a little better with my daughter but also refused to let silly fears rule her life. You know the fight or flight reflex? I never learned to fly.
1601857030725.png

Reactions: Lynne