Questions???

Who_Lou91

Reaction score
So, I feel really weird and out of the ordinary at this point. I have had strange occurrences since I was a child and I have always been shy to ask about them. Recently, I visited a psychologist to see if I had any diagnosable mental disorders. Everything came back normal, and I am unable to find answers to the questions I have. So now, I turn to people who -may- believe me and not judge me for my questions. What the heck is wrong with me? Here's a list of some of the things I have questions about:

I have seen things since I was a child. A notable experience is at the playground in my neighborhood right next to my house when I was 5 where a woman pushes me on the swings. She is wearing a 2 piece dress suit, like someone would wear to church. She knew me by name and would have long talks with me about my family while pushing me on the swings. My mother would always come find me at the swings and seem frantic, telling me I should not be outside alone. I told her I was not alone, but she never seemed to listen. When I got older, it was brought up in conversation at dinner. When I explained myself clearly, my father turned pale. He described the woman's appearance, in the form of a question. When I said more, he abruptly got up and came back with a photograph of the woman asking "Is this who you saw"? I said yes, and everyone went quiet. It was my grandmother who died the year I was born, wearing the dress clothes she was buried in. The same woman from the playground.

Other childhood things include seeing shadow/smoke-like figures, and toys going by themselves in sounds and appearance.

My little brother and I tried to catch the Easter bunny in the night and heard shuffling footsteps in my room while hiding under the bed. Nothing was there, yet we both heard it.

Still playing with pets who had died. I did not understand why no one else could see them while I could.

Holding my great grandmother's hand at -her- funeral while she dotted on me, telling me I was her "favorite girl". I was 8.

The worst part of it came when I came into my teen years. I started getting strange thoughts out of nowhere and then they started happening.

Examples include:

waking up in the night with a weird feeling and randomly looking out the window to see my neighbors 1800's farmhouse burst into flames.

Seeing streetlights and house lights going out when I pass under them.

Buying jerky from a store, then thinking of the store in flame while I walk out. A week later, the store burns down.

Having out of the blue thoughts of people and relatives I have not seen in years, then days later, they die.

Seeing a strange shadow figure over my friend's head while his dog barked at the ceiling. A day later, he died.

Learning how to surface-grind at work, then wondering what happens when the power goes out. Moments later, it does.

Feeling anxious and energetic during thunderstorms.

Waking up to my uncle sitting on my bed, saying goodbye and sharing memories. Later that same morning, I learned he passed away in the night.

Having random thoughts of stoplights going out, then later that day I come across one.

Having feelings of overwhelming in cemeteries.

Crying in areas of historical importance without fully understanding the occurrence in the area.

Going under anesthesia for surgery, and having vivid dreams in specific detail verified by family members.

The final straw was when my best friend was dying. We set up a "code word" for the Ouija board for when he passed and when he died...I used it. The code word came through, though misspelled. My husband was visibly shaken after the session. He said I was in a trance for hours when I swear I had only been sitting down for mere minutes. I woke after 12 hours of sleep the next day feeling absolutely drained.

I understand there are many things we do not know about science, the human brain, and this world. But I have some serious questions here. I am open to anyone who would like to share, or weigh in on the things I have shared. This is the first time I have opened up in a place like this and I would really like some answers or suggestions on where I can find answers. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum Lou,sounds like you have had a lot of paranormal events to deal with.You sound very open and sensitive to this stuff,very intuitive.A lot of members on here can relate to this.Answers are hard to come by with this,there are so many variables.There are many strategies to protect you from anything evil or bad,which members will share with you.I've also had a lot of stuff from early childhood.You are at the right forum for support or help with this.

Thank you for your response! So far, I have felt very alone as no one else I know has experienced these types of things, and many people think I'm strange because of it. I have been concerned about dark or evil entities, and would like more information about them and how to protect myself from that type of energy.

Welcome Lou to the PNF. I hope the members and guests here can help bring you some relief.

The difficult part about these kinds of occurrences is that, though many of us experience them, we are still uncertain of the exact causes. However, we do have some fairly well practices processes for how to mitigate, prevent, or control some of them; and, we freely speculate and share our ideas for “how” these events occur.

For the moment, you should know that you are free to share here with the trust that we will not ridicule you. We will provide whatever support that we can. It will probably help us to help you if you will post more details about those events which you have the strongest memories of. Very short statements are sometimes easy to accidentally take out of context.

Thank you for your response! So far, I have felt very alone as no one else I know has experienced these types of things, and many people think I'm strange because of it. I have been concerned about dark or evil entities, and would like more information about them and how to protect myself from that type of energy.
Welcome to the forum! First things first let me second what the psychologist said, you're not 'crazy'. honestly, the things you describe are far from impossible when it comes to the paranormal. You sound like you could be an SLIder, I'll let someone on the forum who is one, explain that a little better.

I think what you saw when you walked into a store only to imagine it burning down, was a premonition. You definitely have some supernatural gift there. As well as the other visions you had.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. This thing floating above your friends head at the time is often called the shadow man. Sometimes hes got a hat so he's sometimes called the hatman. They often visit us either as omens or as threats. Because this thing has shown up and has a direct correlation (not necessarily the reason or result) with someone's death, I'm a little worried about you. Do you see this being very often?

Hi, and welcome to the forums, Lou! I can relate very strongly to much that you have shared, and look forward to learning more about you and your experiences. Rest assured, you have come to the right place, and you will be validated and supported. Welcome!

Welcome to the forum! First things first let me second what the psychologist said, you're not 'crazy'. honestly, the things you describe are far from impossible when it comes to the paranormal. You sound like you could be an SLIder, I'll let someone on the forum who is one, explain that a little better.

I think what you saw when you walked into a store only to imagine it burning down, was a premonition. You definitely have some supernatural gift there. As well as the other visions you had.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. This thing floating above your friends head at the time is often called the shadow man. Sometimes hes got a hat so he's sometimes called the hatman. They often visit us either as omens or as threats. Because this thing has shown up and has a direct correlation (not necessarily the reason or result) with someone's death, I'm a little worried about you. Do you see this being very often?

I can say that was the first time I have seen a shadow figure over someone before their death. However, I have had experiences with other shadow figures. As a child, I would often see shadow-like figures. They were visible during both the day and night, though at night sometimes I would see things that resembled thick smoke, that seemed to be coming from the floor and moving upwards, but in the outline of a person. These were not fleeting figures, like seeing something move out of the corner of my eye and then when I look, it's gone. I would look right at them and they would be in my direct line of vision. They would walk past me, go up and down stairs, or just stand there until I got up and ran away, and were not isolated to any particular area of the house. However, I would only see them at the house. I never saw them out in public or anything like that. I remember how it made me feel when one was around. It was never a simple matter of just seeing the figures, I would often feel them before I saw them. It was kind of like the same feeling people describe when they say they can "feel" something in the room. Sometimes seeing them would make me feel intense emotions, like being happy out of nowhere, sad, or incredibly afraid. I was never brave enough to try to touch one, so I don't know what they felt like to the touch. That's why when I got older, I chalked it up to having a child's overactive imagination. The only thing I cannot explain away would be how things would move by themselves when these shadows were around. Light objects like pieces of paper, small stuffed animals, or round objects like balls would fall off shelves, tip over, or move on their own with nothing around to move them. Toys that had batteries would also start making noise on their own, but I know how sometimes old batteries or worn out circuit boards could cause this. But it seemed to only happen when one of these shadows had made its presence.

Hi, and welcome to the forums, Lou! I can relate very strongly to much that you have shared, and look forward to learning more about you and your experiences. Rest assured, you have come to the right place, and you will be validated and supported. Welcome!

Thank you for commenting! I feel like I am ready to speak about these occurrences and learn more about them, and possibly why they occur. It's helpful when others can relate to these experiences, because I understand not everyone has had things like this happen, and the people who have witnessed some of these things with me often end up very confused and afraid. I will be elaborating more on the things I mentioned in my original post throughout the thread when I have time to type it all in in detail. I look forward to any input or shared experiences!

Hi, welcome to the forum. In the first instance can I direct you to this thread which might help;

PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

The information about the Ouija board has me concerned. I admit, I did not fully understand the practice of properly using the board, and I am hoping I did not invite anything unwanted or open any portals to the unknown while attempting to contact my friend.