Question regarding residual hauntings.

I think this is an example of residual activity of people who were still living. I once went to house sit for my older brother, while he took his wife and children on a trip. I was there with my then infant daughter, since we were alone, I did not feel comfortable there at all. The very air had a thickness to it, as if I were moving through crowds of invisible people. Now, the residual part. I found that the pillow on my bed wasn't thick enough, so I borrowed one from my brother's room. Well, I couldn't sleep on that pillow at all! As soon as my head would touch it, I would start hearing all the sounds of a typical busy day in that house. My niece and nephew were aged ten and eleven at that time, so there must have been a lot of activity. Even though they were all away, I could hear doors opening and shutting, chattering, phones ringing, etc. When I would lift my head from the pillow, it would be silent. It was as if the pillow held a recording of the happenings in the house; they weren't necessarily negative things, just mundane, every day things.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I think this is an example of residual activity of people who were still living. I once went to house sit for my older brother, while he took his wife and children on a trip. I was there with my then infant daughter, since we were alone, I did not feel comfortable there at all. The very air had a thickness to it, as if I were moving through crowds of invisible people. Now, the residual part. I found that the pillow on my bed wasn't thick enough, so I borrowed one from my brother's room. Well, I couldn't sleep on that pillow at all! As soon as my head would touch it, I would start hearing all the sounds of a typical busy day in that house. My niece and nephew were aged ten and eleven at that time, so there must have been a lot of activity. Even though they were all away, I could hear doors opening and shutting, chattering, phones ringing, etc. When I would lift my head from the pillow, it would be silent. It was as if the pillow held a recording of the happenings in the house; they weren't necessarily negative things, just mundane, every day things.

I love it Garnet. Totally in a class like I’d suspect. Although I will admit I’d not have thought of a fluffy pillow as the receiver of a residual recording. However, think of all the energy which must race thought a sleeping and dreaming brain. At times, some of that energy must dribble into the pillow...right.

Great sharing GS.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I love it Garnet. Totally in a class like I’d suspect. Although I will admit I’d not have thought of a fluffy pillow as the receiver of a residual recording. However, think of all the energy which must race thought a sleeping and dreaming brain. At times, some of that energy must dribble into the pillow...right.

Great sharing GS.
Thank you! Another thing: it is for this reason that I always take my own pillow with me when traveling, staying at hotels can be nightmarish if I attempt to sleep on the ones provided.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Thank you! Another thing: it is for this reason that I always take my own pillow with me when traveling, staying at hotels can be nightmarish if I attempt to sleep on the ones provided.

That makes sense in light of these posts.

I have not traveled for work as frequently this year as I had in the prior 35 years. But I’ll have to keep that in mind just the same GS.

Reactions: garnetsilver